Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

knights and merchants rocks! remake query

<<

keano

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Jul 2014, 07:34

knights and merchants rocks! remake query

First of all thanks for creating the remake of this game! I have just installed the original game from steam and also installed it via http://www.kamremake.com/download/ however I did not follow entirely pawel95's instructions as below. thanks pawel95 for the guide though.

Yes I am able to play the remake version and its quite smooth and fast too. Just wish to ascertain that

1) this version I am playing is correct as I wish not to waste my time playing on the wrong end. Or do I need to follow pawel95's instructions strictly?
Currently file name is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Knights and Merchants Historical Version\KaM Remake" - note I did not follow steps 5 to 9.

would that be any issue?

5. Rename or delete "KM_TPR.exe".
6. Go to the KaM Remake foler and select everything (ctrl + a) and then cut everything (ctrl + x).
7. Go 1 folder back to the KaM Historical Version folder and paste the entire directory.
8. Choose move & replace (top option) when the pop up shows up that you are replacing game files.
9. Rename "KaM_Remake.exe" to "KM_TPR.exe".

2) From this version am I able to access the multiplayer mode and play online with you guys? :P :D

(("**This only works if you started the game atleast once**

1. Go to: http://www.kamremake.com/download/.
2. Download the kam_remake_full version.
3. Install it in your current KaM Historical Version folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Knights and Merchants Historical Version).
4. Go to the folder where you installed KaM Historical Version.
5. Rename or delete "KM_TPR.exe".
6. Go to the KaM Remake foler and select everything (ctrl + a) and then cut everything (ctrl + x).
7. Go 1 folder back to the KaM Historical Version folder and paste the entire directory.
8. Choose move & replace (top option) when the pop up shows up that you are replacing game files.
9. Rename "KaM_Remake.exe" to "KM_TPR.exe".
10. Enjoy !

ps: I did this with windows 7"))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 17 Jul 2014, 08:05

Re: knights and merchants rocks! remake query

This instruction is also a help, if the Remake can't find your tpr game on windows. If you already started the Remake, then you did everything o.k.

About the Version. Well there are like 2 versions of the Remake right now.

The official Relase version which you can download on the Remake homepage or an unofficial "Release Candidate" we here on the forum mostly play and test the RC, to help the developers finding bugs and talking about balance. If you wish to play on this RC, you will would need to write an email to Lewin, to send you this Version.

However I don't know your actual skill. If you play KaM the first time online, it's maybe better when you play on the official version, because you can find a game there at nearly every part of the day. Just notice that the guys there are mostly playing with a modified speed, so not the original KaM Gamespeed :-)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Jul 2014, 09:02

Re: knights and merchants rocks! remake query

Installing KaM Remake with the Steam version of TPR should be as simple as:
1) Download TPR on Steam
2) Start TPR on Steam then exit (this first run is required so the Remake can detect that TPR exists)
3) Install KaM Remake anywhere (does not need to be in Steam folder!)

KaM Remake multiplayer does not use Steam in any way. The only reason to install KaM Remake in your Steam folder and rename KaM_Remake.exe to KaM_TPR.exe is so you can launch it from in Steam and use the Steam overlay (it tricks Steam to think the Remake is TPR).

But there's a much easier way. In Steam click Games -> "Add a non-steam game" then click Browse and find the KaM Remake EXE. Now KaM Remake is in your list of Steam games and you will get the Steam overlay while playing.

Return to “General / Questions”