Single player maps

<<

Balanced

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Jul 2014, 18:26

Single player maps

Hi,

Are there any single player maps available for download? I used to play KaM Remake a lot, but only singleplayer. Now I've completed all maps a few times and its getting quite boring.
All I can find on the forums are multiplayer maps.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Jul 2014, 18:37

Re: Single player maps

See here: kamrepos/

You can filter by Single Player maps :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Jul 2014, 05:44

I highly recommend "The New Lands." Best campaign ever for the original game. I'm sure the Remake version is excellent, too :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Jul 2014, 08:11

I'm sure the Remake version is excellent, too :)
Not yet. When the siege equipment should come, it´ll be excellent :D

BTW you said you completed all sp missions. So you also have play the newest fan campaign from Vas?
<<

Balanced

Peasant

Post 09 Jul 2014, 10:36

I'm sure the Remake version is excellent, too :)
Not yet. When the siege equipment should come, it´ll be excellent :D

BTW you said you completed all sp missions. So you also have play the newest fan campaign from Vas?
Well, I played the 10 maps that were in the remake release. I'm not sure if there are more, so I'm not sure I have played them all :P. I'll play those over for sure!
I highly recommend "The New Lands." Best campaign ever for the original game. I'm sure the Remake version is excellent, too :)
I know, I even tested some maps for TDL himself. I tried this one several years ago and couldn't finish some maps, because they were to hard. I'll sure give it a shot this time!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jul 2014, 10:56

In my opinion the TNL missions right now aren´t really hard in the Remake. I agree that some of them were pretty hard in tpr. however the "better" missions aren´t even converted yet, because of missing siege equipment in the Remake.

Yes, I meant these 10 missions. There are more missions I already played on (2nd chapter) but I am not even sure if Vas´ want to share these missions yet, because it´s still beta testing. So you have to wait for them I guess.

I am myself sth like the "Man who tries to improve SP in the Remake", by talking to the devs, about adding new maps or fixing the campaigns.

So when I´m watching out for new missions (what I do all the time):

I foudn some interesting missions here(even another campaign, but I´m ont sure if it´s a good one and if it´s convertible that easily):

http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/index.ph ... r_missions

However you need a little bit of skill^^ You need to make an own folder and renaame all files, like .dat .map with the same name, as the folder has. BUT this is not too easy, because many maps won´t work without a proper converting by someone, but you can give it a try.
Also I found some good sp missions on the russian forum, but it´s hard to find these missions there when you don´t speak Russian (using google trans. may help) :D
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Jul 2014, 02:10

I'd like to include more singleplayer maps, I feel like we are neglecting singleplayer a bit (especially for this upcoming release where there's only a handful of new SP maps). I'm thinking I will take all of the "single maps" from TPR where you fight against the standalone/autobuild AI and add them to the Remake. Now that our AI is improved those maps will be more interesting. Although they will still be beatable by rushing the AI with militia I imagine, like they were in TPR. Of course in the next release people can go to multiplayer and play against the AI by themselves, but I think a lot of people who don't like multiplayer won't think of doing this, so those single maps from TPR would be nice.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Jul 2014, 06:29

Why not add extra units at start for AI? Just the way it was in TPR. With that, you can't rush AI with Militia (or even with starting Scout as it is on Across ;)). Maybe not on all maps, but on some it would be nice I think.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Balanced

Peasant

Post 10 Jul 2014, 10:17

The thing I truly love is to build big cities. I can spend over 7 hours just building a huge city, because that's the thing I love :D.
Sadly enough, right now there aren't any maps which allow this. So if you bring back the old TPR SP maps, I would be happy!
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 10 Jul 2014, 17:45

The thing I truly love is to build big cities. I can spend over 7 hours just building a huge city, because that's the thing I love :D.
Sadly enough, right now there aren't any maps which allow this. So if you bring back the old TPR SP maps, I would be happy!
Among the list in the link provided at the beginning of this thread is "Two Sides". In this map, you are allowed to defend quite easily and can expand your town from top to bottom. Below is my latest town (I've played this several times throughout its development). (Note that you are attacked at 1 hour and 15 minutes, and are attacked about every 10 minutes from that point on.)
Notice that I only used roughly half of the space, and I have 17 farms (which collectively produced over 6000 corn in the course of 6.5 hours in which it took me to beat this map in r6367 Knightly).

This map is not easy (although it is easier in r5503 than the current Nightly), however, and you are not allowed to build any buildings which take coal, iron ore or golden ore, and thus you must make use of the market to produce gold and iron weapons. (In this town, I built many swine farms, as the best trading deal for iron weapons are skins and pigs--2 of either for 1 iron weapon.)

If you are interested in this map, you can see the thread "Two Sides" in the map design sub-forum for my replays, as the AI in this map is the best I've seen any building map have in KaM history (if you're bored with the AI in building maps, play this map in r6367 Nightly...if you don't have r6367 (or r6378) Nightly installed, I provided a link and how to download it in this post).
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Jul 2014, 05:54

Hehe, I like your farms. From only a space-conservation perspective; it makes a lot of sense to maximise production :)
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “General / Questions”