Multiplayer AI

<<

Buggy

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 08 Jul 2014, 09:01

Multiplayer AI

Hello everyone.

I have a little question for you. I planned a LAN with a friend on the weekend. And we ask us: Does the AI work in the latest version of the Remake in Multiplayer?

We want to play with each other agaist two AI enemys.

In our last try (1 year ago) the AI enemy doesnt build buildings.

So please answer me :-)
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jul 2014, 09:09

Re: Multiplayer AI

It doesn't work yet, please wait ~2-3 months for next Remake version, it will be a bit better :P
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 08 Jul 2014, 09:17

That's not 100% correct. There are 2 big types of maps. The normal economy maps: The Ai doesn't work yet, it's only possible to play 1vs1 or you two would play against other human players.

Coop maps: these maps are also multiplayer maps, but only playable against computer players. So if you want to play with your friend agains computer players, take a look im the coop map- section. As far as i know the ai works brilliant there :mrgreen:

Pawel
<<

Buggy

Peasant

Post 08 Jul 2014, 10:44

Thanks for answers.

These are bad news....

Can someone tell me does this work in the RC?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Jul 2014, 10:51

you can always open up a lobby, and check the box co-op maps with fully working ai. The multiplayer ai did have a major improvement, but is not complete yet.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Jul 2014, 10:56

As the others have said I would suggest trying the co-operative maps, the AI works well there (like it does in singleplayer).
Thanks for answers.

These are bad news....

Can someone tell me does this work in the RC?
Yes the RC has all the improvements we have made since the last release, including the standalone AI. So in the RC you can add AIs to your lobby and they will build a village, equip solders, defend and attack. They're still not nearly as good as a highly skilled human player, but you might find them challenging depending on your skill level (you can also try playing 2 humans vs 4 or 6 AIs to make it harder if you find it too easy).

However, the RC also has quite a few bugs (e.g. sounds are a bit broken), so use it at your own risk.
<<

Buggy

Peasant

Post 08 Jul 2014, 11:20

@Lewin: Thank you for the reply. I send you an email about getting the RC :-) Do you can write me back? :-)
<<

InioMades

Post 10 Jul 2014, 23:56

Hi me AI build buildings but not very effectively. AI build only one military build from all and build many farms and other buildings for food. You must only use checkbox Autobuilding and AI begin build. But i have question for others how works AI auto attacks. I am set autoattacks similarly as in co-op but AI dont attack. Please help me somebody how to correctly set AI autoattacks. I have KaM remake r5503 version. Thanks !
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Jul 2014, 04:13

Hi me AI build buildings but not very effectively. AI build only one military build from all and build many farms and other buildings for food. You must only use checkbox Autobuilding and AI begin build. But i have question for others how works AI auto attacks. I am set autoattacks similarly as in co-op but AI dont attack. Please help me somebody how to correctly set AI autoattacks. I have KaM remake r5503 version. Thanks !
The standalone AI is not finished in the current public release (r5503). Auto attack is not implemented at all, the standalone AI will not attack. The upcoming release has a lot of improvements for the AI including auto attack. You can beta test it by joining our beta tester mailing list, just send us an email at contact@kamremake.com. But remember that it's beta so contains a lot of bugs.

Return to “General / Questions”