Release candidate

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 06 Jul 2014, 15:28

Release candidate

We have started release candidate testing! :) The 1st release candidate is r6478. Everyone on our beta tester mailing list should receive an email soon. If you are not on the mailing list and would like to be please send me a PM or email contact@kamremake.com

Issues that need testing and verifying:
  • Previously file transfers could overload the network connection and cause players to time out when multiple people download a file at the same time. We have implemented a solution to fix this but it has not be widely tested.
  • If you load a save in multiplayer, or return to the lobby then start playing again (which is automatically saving/loading), it might cause the final replay of the game to show an error. How often does this happen? Does the error in the replay happen at about the same time that the game was loaded from a save?
Fixed bugs: (no need to report them)
  • Lobby map description keeps getting smaller with repeatedly starting a map with a readme
  • AI sometimes gets into a loop building and destroying a stonemason
  • Warrior sounds not working correctly, also many sounds do not obey the SFX level in settings
  • Sometimes serfs (or another unit) would be selected instead of the unit you clicked
  • Campaign map screen allowed you to select locked missions
If you have any information about these issues please post it here.
Last edited by Lewin on 13 Sep 2021, 14:03, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added list of fixed bugs
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Jul 2014, 16:35

Re: Release candidate

As far as saw that some times AI gets stuck in a loop and trying to build then destory over and over again (to not reach able iron[to big distance for mine] to not reach able stone [because of evaluation]) stone manson or iron mine and by that it looses so much stone and can't build any more example vid http://youtu.be/z1De-Gefec4
The same problem with running out of gold but market is unusable by the AI
The best solution would be AI Trading example wood for stone if all store hauses reach 0 stone.
Last edited by Michalpl on 06 Jul 2014, 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 06 Jul 2014, 17:14

i played 2 games against the ai where i had to return to lobby and 2 times the replay has shown consistency errors. weirdly enough it does not crash at pt, but always after pt when you returned to lobby.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Jul 2014, 17:35

To Michał bugreport: I think it's not "directly" the fault of the AI, but rather the fault of the mapmaker. It looks like there are stonetiles left but they are not cutable. (If I am right). So the AI wanna get more stone and detects the stone there, but in the moment when the stonemeason is finished, the AI gets the information from the game: No stone left :mrgreen:

I think the market shouldn't be a discussion for the AI right now. First of all it's important that the AI works in general :D The Market is a "new" and additionaly building. Everyone can win also without it (except for certain maps). So no need to focus on that though, In my opinion.
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 06 Jul 2014, 17:39

Some bugs:

Set a special map with readme, start the game and return to lobby. Then again and again :D Everytime Description memo height will be decreased :O Choosing any other map or joining another lobby doesn't help, description memo stays bugged.

There should be player name (if it's set in libx) instead of "slot 5 %d blabla", right? :P
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:07

To Michał bugreport: I think it's not "directly" the fault of the AI, but rather the fault of the mapmaker. It looks like there are stonetiles left but they are not cutable. (If I am right). So the AI wanna get more stone and detects the stone there, but in the moment when the stonemeason is finished, the AI gets the information from the game: No stone left :mrgreen:

I think the market shouldn't be a discussion for the AI right now. First of all it's important that the AI works in general :D The Market is a "new" and additionaly building. Everyone can win also without it (except for certain maps). So no need to focus on that though, In my opinion.
Yea i was thinking about it and it seems to that bug should not exists they are low quality or not even tested maps
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:21

Question: Is it also possible for mapmakers to translate the info text in Singleplayer(not multiplayer) ?
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:27

Question: Is it also possible for mapmakers to translate the info text in Singleplayer(not multiplayer) ?
But who realy needs it, much people just ignore it.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:43

It´s an addition. My idea about translation in mp was also for people that don´t speak English. And you are right, most people don´t need it, me included. HOWEVER if Mapmakers want to make an additional translation this can be very usefull.

Just take as an example Vatrix´ new map. You can´t build gold and iron there, you have to trade. I mean, ok you will find that out anyway later in game when you can´t click to build the goldmelter :P but anyway why not? xd
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:44

Of course it is, made some hungarian strings for andreus already :)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 06 Jul 2014, 18:53

The mapmaker should make something like desc like this

ENG:
Spy
_
PL:
Szpieg
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2014, 21:25

That would look weird if all the new maps had that as description, I think.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Jul 2014, 03:24

As far as saw that some times AI gets stuck in a loop and trying to build then destory over and over again (to not reach able iron[to big distance for mine] to not reach able stone [because of evaluation]) stone manson or iron mine and by that it looses so much stone and can't build any more example vid http://youtu.be/z1De-Gefec4
The same problem with running out of gold but market is unusable by the AI
The best solution would be AI Trading example wood for stone if all store hauses reach 0 stone.
Thanks for the report and video. I've fixed the build/destroy loop that they sometimes get into with the stonemason, so that won't happen anymore. Yes eventually it would be nice if the AI could use the market, but for now it's not a high priority.
i played 2 games against the ai where i had to return to lobby and 2 times the replay has shown consistency errors. weirdly enough it does not crash at pt, but always after pt when you returned to lobby.
Thanks for the info. So you mean it does not crash if you returned to the lobby before PT, but only when you returned to the lobby after PT? Sounds like the consistency bug is related to soldiers or something then... If you have more information about this let me know :)
Set a special map with readme, start the game and return to lobby. Then again and again :D Everytime Description memo height will be decreased :O Choosing any other map or joining another lobby doesn't help, description memo stays bugged.
Fixed, thank you.
There should be player name (if it's set in libx) instead of "slot 5 %d blabla", right? :P
Shadaoe used LIBX indexes that are "reserved" for player names. But that's confusing so I'll find a solution for that (taking player names from LIBX could be enabled with a command in the TXT file, since most maps don't do that)
For the big description yes, but I forgot about the small description. I've added a command SmallDescLIBX to take care of that. Thanks for reminding me, I tend to forget about singleplayer. I feel like we should improve some singleplayer stuff this release, a lot of changes have been just for MP. If you have any ideas let me know.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 07 Jul 2014, 07:49

Some bugs I've found so far:

When starting TSK Campaign - Mission 1 is mission 8. Happened to me only once, I don't know how to reproduce this bug...

On TSK 01, when clicking a troop of militia it shows serf information. Doesn't happen all the time. I can't see a pattern here, looks like it happens randomly. Just try clicking militia troop for some time. Especially that one on right from the castle at mission start. Got this bug on Invasion as well, with Axe Fighters. It seemed to happen more often on Invasion...

There's unplayable map in SP menu, Land of the Quick River.

Script in Tournament is behaving in a weird way.
When player is alone, all 3 places to fight are visible from start, troops available as well. With 4 AI selected, there're only 2 places visible. Maybe it's just script that needs fixing...

It seems like not all death sounds for soldiers are played... Compare first battle of TSK01 in r5503 and RC1.

I guess that AI in SP was not changed yet, since on many maps it doesn't work how it suppose (e.g. on Race Against the Clock AI is not moving at all).

SFX volume in settings seems not working for soldiers' voices. Volume is always the same for their voices, while battle sounds are quiter/louder. Same goes for clicking sound in menu, it's not affected by SFX slider, while in r5503 it was. Only at "0" the sounds are not heard at all.

EDIT: When Sorting maps in SP by e.g title, selected map losts it's description under a name on list (like "Invasion Special fighting map by Skypper").
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Michalpl

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Jul 2014, 09:54

Some bugs I've found so far:
When starting TSK Campaign - Mission 1 is mission 8. Happened to me only once, I don't know how to reproduce this bug...
Works for me*
On TSK 01, when clicking a troop of militia it shows serf information. Doesn't happen all the time. I can't see a pattern here, looks like it happens randomly. Just try clicking militia troop for some time. Especially that one on right from the castle at mission start. Got this bug on Invasion as well, with Axe Fighters. It seemed to happen more often on Invasion...
Maybe a unit picking issue? or full screen i play on windowed.*
There's unplayable map in SP menu, Land of the Quick River.
Land of the quick River is broken why because some one forget to set locations to be AI or the player also no default AI settings are not present.*
Script in Tournament is behaving in a weird way.
When player is alone, all 3 places to fight are visible from start, troops available as well. With 4 AI selected, there're only 2 places visible. Maybe it's just script that needs fixing...
need to check...*
It seems like not all death sounds for soldiers are played... Compare first battle of TSK01 in r5503 and RC1.
Yes its correct maybe its a bug*
I guess that AI in SP was not changed yet, since on many maps it doesn't work how it suppose (e.g. on Race Against the Clock AI is not moving at all).
Yes its moving its delayed just a bit*
SFX volume in settings seems not working for soldiers' voices. Volume is always the same for their voices, while battle sounds are quiter/louder. Same goes for clicking sound in menu, it's not affected by SFX slider, while in r5503 it was. Only at "0" the sounds are not heard at all.
Yes soldier voice is so high even on voices set to 2*
EDIT: When Sorting maps in SP by e.g title, selected map losts it's description under a name on list (like "Invasion Special fighting map by Skypper").
Also its correct it had under text its gone.*

Return to “General / Questions”