Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Need help installing

<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Apr 2014, 07:41

Need help installing

Hey guys, I had already posted a thread about me not being able to play multiplayer matches. The problem here was because I was on an older version of the game. The r3392 to be exact. I want to update the game, to the most recent version. However, I can't because the game detects that I don't have the Original game installed. Well, I installed r3392 yesterday which worked and did tell me that I have it installed correctly. Anyway, I also tried just using the updater which should update it to the newest version but that also gives me the error of me not having the Original version.

I'd rather not buy the game again. I have it on disc, and I'm not going to buy some online version of it, I'd prefer to stick to r3392 if that's the only option.

Anyway, does anyone have a solution for my problem? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cloppyfawk
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 27 Apr 2014, 08:33

Re: Need help installing

What's the problem with your disc? If you install KaM TPR from your disc the KaM Remake installer will recognize it as a legal version of the original game.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 09:27

Well, when I put the CD in my laptop and start it it'll start installing the game. My laptop will start making a weird noise and in the end I will get a pop up message that the O.S isn't supported or something similar.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 09:39

Could you show us a screenshot of the error message? Press "Prt Scr" (print screen) on your keyboard then go to http://imgur.com/ and press CTRL+V and click upload. Then post a link to the image here.

You might be able to run the installer from the CD in compatibility mode or as administrator or something like that to get it to work, although I haven't heard of issues like that with the TPR installer.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 12:15

I got another error this time.

http://i.imgur.com/XdxeQEO.png

I'm sorry for it being in Dutch. It does say '..................... isn't fit for Windows or contains an error' or something similar.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 12:25

Sounds like the CD might be damaged, or your laptop's drive might be having trouble reading it :( If you have another computer you could use it to copy all the files off the CD onto a USB drive (go to My Computer, then right click on CD and open), then run the installer from your laptop off the USB drive.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 12:31

My little brother had the same problems some time ago. He couldn't instal it either. I've already checked the CD and it doesn't seem damaged..
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Apr 2014, 15:51

My little brother had the same problems some time ago. He couldn't instal it either. I've already checked the CD and it doesn't seem damaged..
I know you don't want to, but if I were you I'd just spend the $6 for the digital edition. That way you'll never have trouble again.

Or you could wait a bit longer, KaM:TPR is on sale for $3 from time to time.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 27 Apr 2014, 16:12

I'd rather not spend any money at all, on a game. I'll stick with the older version then. Thanks for your input!
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Apr 2014, 16:49

I'd rather not spend any money at all, on a game. I'll stick with the older version then.
I thought you can´t start that old version? :| Nevermind, Have fun :mrgreen:
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 27 Apr 2014, 19:34

I suggest you try what Lewin told you, copy all files from CD into USB, then instal it from USB. Try also deleting all game files (original and Remake) and installing it again, step by step (first the original, then the Remake).

I'm wondering why have you downloaded r3392 in the first place? On kamremake.com, in download section, the first release for download that shows, is r5503.

Anyway, try. Then try again in a different way. Try running the instalator as administrator (Righ click on exe file, then "Run as admin" or something like that). Try setting compatibility mode for XP or other (righ click on file, go to properties, find compatibility section). Try installing everything on other computer, then copy the Remake into your PC.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Apr 2014, 05:17

I'm wondering why have you downloaded r3392 in the first place? On kamremake.com, in download section, the first release for download that shows, is r5503.
I think he previously said that he played the Remake a long time ago and has since got back into it.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 28 Apr 2014, 14:22

I don't think so Ben :)
Hey guys,

I'm new to KAM. I used to play it a little when I was a little child, I'm currently 17 so that must have been a long time ago. Anyway, I found the disk again but couldn't play the real version due to my laptop running windows 8. I have downloaded this and I'm playing it currently.
So that little mystery about r3392 is still unsolved...

I hope that you were able to solve your problem cloppyfawk. Have any of suggestions worked?
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

cloppyfawk

Laborer

Post 28 Apr 2014, 14:44

I don't think so Ben :)
Hey guys,

I'm new to KAM. I used to play it a little when I was a little child, I'm currently 17 so that must have been a long time ago. Anyway, I found the disk again but couldn't play the real version due to my laptop running windows 8. I have downloaded this and I'm playing it currently.
So that little mystery about r3392 is still unsolved...

I hope that you were able to solve your problem cloppyfawk. Have any of suggestions worked?
Yeah, I searched it on google. Where I could download the old game at first, but then I got to this site and it made me download the game via some other program called Desura. I could only see the old version so I just downloaded that ( at that point I didn't even know that there was a newer one ). That's how I got to it.

Anyway, I don't know what I did to make it work but I've got it installed right now, the new version. I've played a few multiplayer games so far, getting owned pretty hard haha. Thanks for the help guys!

Return to “General / Questions”