Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ai unit production

<<

DragoSz

Post 03 May 2014, 09:33

Ai unit production

Hello everyone,

I absulutly love the kam remake cos now i can play my favorite game agian and with my lil bro.
The only thing i don;t get is how u can speed up the ai making a army.

Its yust takes him 60 minutes to make a 90 man army while his castel is full of armor.
And also he yust ramdomly makes units. For example if u give him harnasses and sword ect and a axe maker he will only make milita.

Its thare a simpel way to edit this in the kam remake editor? for example to let him make 100 milita in 30 minutes?

Sorry if my english is a lil bit off.
<<

DragoSz

Post 03 May 2014, 09:36

Re: Ai unit production

Oeps i accedently put this in the wrong part of the forum. I think it should be in the General/Questions part of the forum. :$
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 May 2014, 10:05

I thought there was a quite easy way for that.
I will run a few test and then edit this post

========================================
As long as he can recruit soldiers of the same type (Melee, Range, Mounted, AntiHorse), but diferent units he will train the strongest.
so iron goes for lather. Swordfighter -> Axefighter -> Militia, so he will only train militia if he can train any more sword/axe fighters
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Skypper on 03 May 2014, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 May 2014, 10:18

The AI equip rate controls how quickly they equip troops. Set that lower and they will equip soldiers more quickly.

They will only equip soldiers for the defence position types that need filling. They will equip the best soldier out of the types available (so if they can make a crossbowman they will do that instead of a bowman).
<<

Skypper

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 03 May 2014, 10:31

Aah I see Lewin was me first :P
Greets Skypper (Totally Insane)

- Beginning map maker -
<<

DragoSz

Post 04 May 2014, 21:49

Thank u both! It works liek a charm. Now he only needs to attack. In missions 7 i coppy the code from player 3 ( the white/yellow one) to player 5 but it not works.

!SET_AI_ATTACK TYPE 0
!SET_AI_ATTACK TOTAL_AMOUNT 24
!SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 0 2
!SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 1 0
!SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 2 0
!SET_AI_ATTACK TROUP_AMOUNT 3 0
!SET_AI_ATTACK TARGET 2
!COPY_AI_ATTACK 0

He makes up to 58 swordman but not attacks. They are set up in 3 frondline units and 1 backline.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 May 2014, 05:28

You shouldn't need to write the AI attack script by hand, the map editor lets you edit it. But either way:

The AI will only take backline soldiers on attacks. That attack says that the AI must take 24 soldiers in 2 melee groups (so maybe 12+12). Once the AI has those soldiers the attack will be launched. But remember that only backline positions are counted, so they must have 24 soldiers in backline positions (front line means the position is important and should not be used for attacks).

Also note that there are a few issues with the way attacks work in the current public release, which I have since fixed for the next release (I'll be making a post about that later).

Return to “General / Questions”