Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Northern Islands I

<<

Post 03 Apr 2015, 18:59

Re: Northern Islands I

Me and a10killer are trying to win this map. We managed to kill all but one enemy village(the most right one) but the troops keep spawning even for the village we totally destroyed(not one house standing).

Do we need to kill all troops as well to stop the troops from coming or is this meant to be? we came far but now we are out of gold, iron and coal.

The only way to win it now i to use the market for gold, iron and coal. Which will take ages to get enough for an army to attack the troops the enemy has "build" up.
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 Apr 2015, 19:00

forgot to login:S
but the above message is from me.
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 03 Apr 2015, 19:08

Do we need to kill all troops as well to stop the troops from coming or is this meant to be? we came far but now we are out of gold, iron and coal.
The troops for AI player #6 will continue to spawn about every 10 minutes until you kill ALL AI and destroy all important buildings. So you're going to have to stick it out with the market or start over, this time being more careful with your resources and troops' lives.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

gold1

Blacksmith

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 03 Apr 2015, 19:15

ok that covers player#6. but we have also troops coming from the left enemy player#8.
And the troops don't come every 10mins but every 60min?
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 03 Apr 2015, 20:10

Hmm. I just tested my .sav file (my .rpl file works as well, of course), and it looks like troops generated with scripts do not have to be killed in order to win the game. This holds true at least player #6's spawned troops. It doesn't make sense why you can win when there are AI troops still on the map (when I won, I made sure that no AI troops were on the map, just in case), but this seems to be the case.
ok that covers player#6. but we have also troops coming from the left enemy player#8.
And the troops don't come every 10mins but every 60min?
It looks like troops are being spawned for players 6, 7, and 8.

However, considering what I said above, it looks like all you need to just kill all AI of player #7 (including important buildings, of course), and you will win, despite troops for players #6 and #8 being on the map. (Clearly you must kill or lure out all spawned troops for player #7, kill it's own trained troops and its important buildings.)
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 19 Jul 2017, 00:35

For those who are just reading through this thread (and those who might be curious to hear a commentary of my replay posted a few posts ago in this thread), I just uploaded a YouTube video. (The additional Co-op map commentaries I plan on doing are of my Co-op knights 1 missions 10 and 11 replays. I think between those two, this one, TSK 20 in 4.5 minutes, and Invasion with 0 losses, I will be able to show basically all of the fighting "tricks" that I know, so I will try to focus on what makes each of them a unique contribution when I make their commentaries.)

After watching the video myself, I find that it makes (I made) this map seem much easier than it actually is. It is what it is I guess...

Disclaimer: For those who want to attempt this on their own, DO NOT watch the video. There are major spoilers!

Lastly, this is my first KaM video commentary. Go easy on me, Ben!
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2017, 02:10

Hey guys, YouTube user, Vova Istomin, (who I assume is Rayzel?) requested (in the comment section of my video) that I play his and Andreus' 1.5 version of this map. They modified the landscape as to not allow one to build buildings (and thus building fences) at the opening of the bridge.

Looking at version 1.5 and comparing it to the version of the map current in r6720's multiplayer map library, I noticed (as he also told me) that the AI is smaller, etc.

I was wondering if I could get input if I should beat the hard(er) version without using building fences to close the bridge at the end (as opposed to doing this with version 1.5). Would this be more interesting to see? (I will let this session be an official icebreaker for me to resume playing KaM again.) Also, I was thinking about pulling a Lava Valley on this map and win it with 0 losses and also try to cut the win time at least in half.

In addition, I could also attempt to win it quickly without using building fences at all (but with losses).

Or should I just play version 1.5? Any suggestions?

...As I mentioned in my post where I posted my replay, I didn't plan on playing this again, and thus I might back out of playing it altogether, but this post is for "just in case" it's worth my time.
<<

emmajohnson

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Feb 2022, 14:05

After the first battle, we have 14 knights, 20 pikemen, 10 swords, and 10 best crossbows, making it extremely difficult.
Because it was so vast, with adversary after adversary:p, it was one of the best fan-made coop maps in my opinion. I don't recall it being very challenging. All you have to do now is conquer your island as rapidly as you can. Then you can defend the bridge, which should be straightforward if your economy is healthy. That's the trick: greater attack waves may emerge later, but all you have to do now is retire behind your towers with your army.

Return to “General / Questions”