Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Northern Islands I

<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Jul 2014, 16:04

Re: Northern Islands I

Hi, what is the status on this map? Will there be a patch or a fixed map download? Even if it is winable in this state, I don't believe that an endless attack provides a good playing experience.
If you played on my dedicated server, feel free to PM me about any problems.[/center]
<<

andreus

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Jul 2014, 18:33

Hi, map is fixed and patch is included into next remake release ;)
Fixed version is unplayable in r5503 because of new features (extra AI settings for example) though.
<<

*ABC*Tomek

Post 12 Oct 2014, 11:51

This map is so hard, but it is available to win it.

Me and my friend from Turkey won it today (H)

Players:
*ABC*Tomek
(TR) SEKTERGET

Game time: 7-8 hours
Speed: 2x

How to win it:
- first 3 minutes game - back with all army to the towers - u need to have a lot of army to attack castle nearby bridge!
- within 35 minutes playing one of players has to build a castle between walls like also one of players has to build a tower ( more info where it should be build in the pictures )

We are testing this map 15-20 times how to block them and what to do to win -.-

THE CASTLE HAS TO BE BUILT IN THE PLACE LIKE IN THE PICTURE OTHERWISE U WILL LOOSE.

WHERE TO BUILD A TOWER ( crossbowmen will go attack the tower but not castle, so they will die in "gate" ;)

More pictures:

<<

*ABC*Tomek

Post 12 Oct 2014, 11:56

I didn;t wrote about the buildings:

Buildings:
~~ 25 farms
~~ 11 pig farms
16-22 woodcutters
11x sawmills
7x weapon workshops / 6x armory workshops
<<

Post 24 Dec 2014, 22:23

as Pawel suggested - capture the bridge as soon as possible, then it will be easier to defend.

Me and Mercenary won this mission times ago, in r3870 :P Old screenshot:

We had 25-30 farms and good leather production (at least 12-15 woodcutters, 8 sawmills, 8 pig farms, 6+10 weaponry+armor workshops) - this is one of the keys to victory.

Maybe in new releases it's more difficult or even impossible because of shields patch. I'll rebalance mission, just write some suggestions ;)
I tried this map with different co players without any success its extremely hard if not impossible to make it
<<

Moehawk

Peasant

Post 17 Jan 2015, 21:05

hey guys,

a friend of mine and i tried out this map with the latest patch but as much as we try, we still cant manage to break the enemies defence. we can easily hold the lane but as soon as we try to fight beyond the bridge we are getting destroyed. we are nearly out of ressources, only a few iron and gold left but we still have loads of coal. we tried to attack with more than 300+ iron units EACH but it's completly useless cause they are always stuck due to the small bridge. afterwards the enemy overruns us.

is this map even possible at the current patch because i am out of ideas.
a small insight of the dimension of our army just before we tried to attack. (recruits are no problem because we had like 9 schools each)
<<

Instrument

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Mar 2015, 19:00

How fast you guys have win this map? Me and my friend win it with 8h 32 min. Its really nice map, we would like to play more maps like this (H)

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Mar 2015, 20:02

cmowla, i hear someone challenges you :mrgreen:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 18 Mar 2015, 17:33

cmowla, i hear someone challenges you :mrgreen:
I just beat it in 1 hour 42 minutes and 36 seconds (with saves) in r6720 with my initial army.

I had to play with all of my soul to beat this map quickly enough to produce a full-working replay. It took me longer than usual to come up with a decent plan and had to settle with 128 losses. So many xbows, school houses and towers. So so many. OMG.

It certainly can be won faster, but I am NEVER going to play this map again in SP. Hats off to the creators of this map, however.

In addition, this map is probably A LOT easier in r5503. For anyone who thought it was hard in r5503 and didn't try it in a later remake version, you have no idea how "good" you had it!

What a difficult map. I rank it the second most difficult mission I have encountered thus far (Invasion being #1). Good thing I aimed at beating TSK 20 as fast as possible, because I really used the experience to beat this map in this manner.

For those interested to see how to beat it quickly in SP, enjoy the show! :mrgreen:
cmowla NI1 in 1h42m36s (r6720).zip
@andreus,
Starting at about 1 hour, troops still got spawned for AI player #6 even though I previously killed all of its troops and all of its important buildings. Was this intentional?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 20 Mar 2015, 17:59

I just took off 3.5 minutes from my time (I just redid the last 5 minutes) and lost 12 fewer troops, but I'm finished. No comments or downloads?!

I do admit that it is improbable or very difficult for even two players to do what I did without reloading saves, but at least two players can use the techniques I used to easily take out all AI except for the big left (AI player 8) and right (AI player 7) early in the game.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
<<

equalizer

Post 02 Apr 2015, 14:20

i tried the map also with a friend of mine (with the barack in the middle tactic) and after 7 hours i had no more room to build. all above the boulders i had all wines and traded it for iron and we attacked with 1200 swords and 800 xbows and only the first 2 enemies on either side could be tamed :D
really difficult but long fun game.

i like to view cmowla's replay but im not allowed to download the file , anyone knows why ?
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Apr 2015, 14:22

You need to be logged in to download/see attachements. And for that you need forum account :)
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

equalizer

Post 02 Apr 2015, 14:23

ps. thats before update, with the bugged enemy keep coming and coming
<<

cmowla

Knight

Post 02 Apr 2015, 14:33

ps. thats before update, with the bugged enemy keep coming and coming
My gameplay should not be affected by whether the attacks start (and never end) early, unless it was earlier than 36 minutes. By the 36 minute mark, I terminated all AI except for the large left and right (AI players 7 and 8). (Of course, starting at one hour, the dynamic script kept generating four groups of AI units for AI player #6 every 10 minutes or so.)

In addition, should the AI start have start coming endlessly from players 7 and 8 after 36 minutes, that might have made things easier for me if they had no sense of town defense.
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 02 Apr 2015, 14:41

You need to be logged in to download/see attachements. And for that you need forum account :)
aha it works thanks :D

Return to “General / Questions”