Post 18 May 2013, 12:47

/about/

Inspired by krisdws offer to update old information, I by change walked into http://www.kamremake.com/about/ and saw some information that need updates, too. It's the 'LEGAL NOTES'-section. Maybe it would be better to just write that the remake is released under GPLv2, but there are some additions that you must know (see the last quote I do).
Commercial use is prohibited.
You're using GPLv2. This license explicitly allows commercial use. You can't forbid it. Actually, ZuXXeZ already used the remake in a commercial product.
Any used names, symbols or other copyrighted material is the property of the respective owners.
This is good. It's also part of the GPL and it should be obvious, but sometimes people don't see that.
We do not take any responsibility if this mod harms your software or hardware.
That's also part of the GPL. This was even that important to the GPL creators, that they wrote §§11,12 ENTIRELY IN HORRIBLY ANNOYING CAPITAL LETTERS ;)
For obvious reasons publishing and/or sharing of this mod in any form is not allowed without this readme file.
This is a bit tricky. GPL forces you to deliver a copy of the source code with the program. It's a debate whether this has to be included inside the installer or a hotlink to a website is sufficient. However, many programs don't deliver the source code with the installer, some do. The readme-file is part of the source code.
You can upload this mod to your site/server/homepage, but please let us know first.
That's ok. In fact, it would be nice to know where the remake spreads, but I guess you haven't received any feedback at all? ;)
We assume that you (end user/player) own a licensed copy of the game KaM, otherwise you should buy the game before using this mod. Failing to do so will be breaching the license agreement.
This is not correct. You don't break the GPL. You can use the remake and all of its part the go under the GPL without having KAM. It's true that the remake is not very useful when you're missing all the KAM stuff (almost all graphics, units, houses, some maps), but it's definately allowed to use it with own graphics and units.dat. You cannot forbid the use of the remake as long as you distribute it under the GPL.

I know that the aim of that section is to make users aware that they need to have TPR installed in order to install the remake. Just write it that way: the installer checks the existance of TPR on your harddisk, because it needs some files from that. If you don't have TPR, you can't install the remake. Go to ZuXXeZ or gog and buy it here (link).