Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Oct 2012, 01:42

TeamSpeak server instructions

Taken from:
http://www.kamremake.com/2012/10/teamspeak-server/

Communicating with your allies in multiplayer KaM games is essential. The only problem is that often there is no time to type out a message, you really need to shout out to your ally: "Look out! Move your soldiers!" or something similar, but you are unable to. Well, now there is a solution to this problem! A kind fan by the name of TieSTo has allowed us to use some channels on a TeamSpeak server. TeamSpeak is a program that allows you to enter a channel and talk with everyone in that room at once, either by pressing a key to activate your microphone or having your microphone activate automatically when it detects sound. It's like Skype in a chat room.

I have used TeamSpeak in a few KaM games already and I found it to be very useful. It's much easier to work together with your allies and alert them of danger without the need to type. You can also chat and make friends while building your village. Even if you don't have a microphone or don't want to talk, listening to your allies is still very useful. Below are instructions for installing and using TeamSpeak with this server.

Step 1. Download the TeamSpeak 3 client

Step 2. Run the installer and follow the instructions

Step 3. Start TeamSpeak and follow the Setup Wizard that will help you configure it the first time. Enter a nickname for yourself.

Step 4. Choose between Voice Activation Detection (transmits when it detects you speaking) or Push-To-Talk which will only transmit when you hold down a chosen key (you can change these things later from Settings). On the next screen you can test your microphone volume.

Step 5. At the end of the wizard uncheck "Open public server list" and "Rent your own TeamSpeak server" before you finish (you will be using the KaM TeamSpeak server so neither of these options are necessary).

Step 6. Next to add the KaM TeamSpeak server click Connections on the main menu then Connect. In Server Address put: kamts.eu and click connect (there is no password).

Step 7. Scroll down to the channel "Knights and Merchants" and double click on one of the channels there to join it. Note: This server is not only used for Knights and Merchants, so please only use the channels under "Knights and Merchants".

Step 8. You can now talk to everyone in that channel! Ask your friend and allies to join you so you can communicate easily while you play. You can use whatever languages you like in the server, we don't mind at all. There are currently 5 channels available so if one is already in use pick and empty one. We will create more channels if it is needed.

If you have any questions or need help please just ask below and we'll be more than happy to assist you :)
Lewin.
Last edited by Lewin on 13 Sep 2021, 14:01, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated to KaMTS.eu. Old TS server was: http://ts.exoduscommunity.com/ - Anti ; Cleaned up small detail - Ben
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Oct 2012, 05:53

Re: TeamSpeak server instructions

Thanks Lewin, it would be nice to hear some new voices on the channel. ;)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 15 Oct 2012, 21:07

Thank you , Lewin. Team speak channel is more popular now :)

Last edited by Mulberry on 16 Oct 2012, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 16 Oct 2012, 05:13

Have my instructions attracted many new people? I wasn't able to be on TeamSpeak yesterday.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Oct 2012, 06:16

That's what Mulberry tried to say with his post, but I'll confirm: Yes, thanks.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 16 Oct 2012, 09:35

Well, I think it attracted maybe 4-5 new people, as you can see on the screenshot, you can see mostly the old players. I guess in a few days there will be even more.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 17 Oct 2012, 00:43

Have my instructions attracted many new people? I wasn't able to be on TeamSpeak yesterday.
yes it has, i have seen quite alot of new names joining teamspeak and some of them are new to remake too.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 17 Oct 2012, 11:08

Awesome, it's nice to hear that :)
I'll try to be on TeamSpeak when I have more free time.
<<

TieSTo

Militia

Post 18 Oct 2012, 16:10

Just as today highlighted to me. There will be times when the box( which the server is hosted on) is down for whatever reason.. Just to make sure it is down i suggest keeping an eye on the forum subsection on here

http://www.exoduscommunity.com/forum/4-announcements/

As all problems tend to be announced by either me or the other admins. Also if the server has been down for a considerable amount of time, chances are that i'm unavailable so if someone could be so kind to post on that forum and alert them. They will fix it :)

When i get time i'll write a guide on some of the advanced features of TS like the game overlay and skinning etc.
<<

SpiderDanX

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Jan 2015, 00:17

So, is this kind of like LogMe in Hamachi? Where we can create a server to use & not have to rely on the ones in KaM Remake only?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Jan 2015, 03:01

So, is this kind of like LogMe in Hamachi? Where we can create a server to use & not have to rely on the ones in KaM Remake only?
No, TeamSpeak allows you to talk (with mic), chat and share files with other players. There's no need for Hamachi in KaM Remake because it has working online multiplayer. Hamachi is typically used to play old games designed for LAN gaming across the internet.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Jan 2015, 13:45

No, TeamSpeak allows you to talk (with mic), chat and share files with other players. There's no need for Hamachi in KaM Remake because it has working online multiplayer. Hamachi is typically used to play old games designed for LAN gaming across the internet.
actually gameranger kind of is taking the job of hamachi right now.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

florian_janowski

Serf

Post 15 Nov 2015, 13:04

Cześć,

Nazywam się Florian. Ostatnio używałem teamspeaka i zostałem zbanowany. Czemu? Naruszyłem regulamin?
Dzięki,

Florek

Hi,

My name is Florian. I have recently used teamspeak and was banned pernamently. Why is that? Did I break the law?
Thanks,

Florek

Return to “General / Questions”