Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Forum maintenance

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Feb 2012, 18:34

Re: Forum maintenance

Thats clever :) But what about foreign KaM players who don't know English names?
Good point, didn't think about that..

They can always look it up I guess, but you're welcome to suggest any other questions. I can add them :)

Mind you, this is the best 'captcha' available, so I'd like to keep this one :P
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 19:44

It still seems bugged to me...
when i spoke, it said,
: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 340: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 340: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 340: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Feb 2012, 19:46

Lol wow,

I just noticed that too :|

I'll fix it when I'm done playing darts :P
(In a minute)
<<

Wesley762

Militia

Yahoo Messenger: Skype : DJ-Goldeneye

Post 11 Feb 2012, 20:01

Thats clever :) But what about foreign KaM players who don't know English names?
cant you use the pictures from the barracks ? instead of names. that would solve the non english issue.
  Code:
btw all of the sudden when i go to the index page @ the shoutbox once it updates it says the following above the K&M Banner top page. [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 808: Division by zero [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 808: Division by zero [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 808: Division by zero [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/mchat.php on line 808: Division by zero [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815) [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815) [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815) [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
its not everytime tho only every 2 or 3 other updates of the chat.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Feb 2012, 20:05

How about now?
<<

Wesley762

Militia

Post 11 Feb 2012, 20:33

How about now?
Working like a charm great job :mrgreen:
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 11 Feb 2012, 21:32

How about now?
seems to be fine :D
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Feb 2012, 21:36

Good :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Feb 2012, 02:43

Great work Tom :)
I have some problems with the new registration system:
- What if someone has only played TPR? Then they won't know which units were only in TSK.
- What if someone who has never played KaM finds our Remake and plays it, they won't know anything about TPR/TSK. (I know that's pretty unlikely, but not out of the question)
- As mentioned before translation is a problem, militia might be quite confusing for non-english players as it could mean just about any of the TPR town hall soldiers when translated literally. Using images would solve this problem but not the others.
- Couldn't a spam bot simply try all possible combinations? (there's only about 16 if my loose knowledge of statistics serves me correctly) But maybe any kind of puzzle like this will confuse a spam bot.

Surely if we're only trying to stop spam bots then something like this would be enough:
Place these words in the correct order:
Knights
And
Merchants

But that still has a very limited number of combinations so the spam bot could try all of them I guess... Anyone have a better idea?

EDIT: Not a big problem, but the navigation bar is missing a dot between FAQ and mini chat:
It makes them look like one link, but they are separate as you can see when you hover.

Also, the RSS button is missing, although the page still exists and works fine.
<<

Wesley762

Militia

Post 12 Feb 2012, 02:54

Why dont you try an Actual puzzle ?
ive seen this kinda captcha on some forums.
its useally a certain image with 9 pieces and you have to put them in the right place.
with 9 pieces there should be 729 combinations if im correct.
this will be kinda hard to fix even for a bot.

so maybe just use like 3 diffrent puzzles on shuffle like pikmen/serf/knight
even someone without ANY knowledge of Kam can make such a puzzle and it isnt bound to any language.

im not sure if its possible to implent that kinda captcha in this forum but i am 100% sure it exists.
<<

caykroyd

Crossbowman

Post 12 Feb 2012, 13:23

@Lewin, the solution to all your problems lies ahead. Just continue reading: :lol:
Great work Tom :)
I have some problems with the new registration system:
- What if someone has only played TPR? Then they won't know which units were only in TSK.
Instead, you could ask: which of these are part of kam?
You should just put units from TSK, because then a person who played either of them will know.
Eg.: (photos) - Pikeman, a bull, storehouse, crab, a rifleman, etc...
- What if someone who has never played KaM finds our Remake and plays it, they won't know anything about TPR/TSK. (I know that's pretty unlikely, but not out of the question)
It is out of question, because to install the remake you need TPR, or have you forgotten? :P
- As mentioned before translation is a problem, militia might be quite confusing for non-english players as it could mean just about any of the TPR town hall soldiers when translated literally. Using images would solve this problem but not the others.
So make them into images then, like someone suggested.
- Couldn't a spam bot simply try all possible combinations? (there's only about 16 if my loose knowledge of statistics serves me correctly) But maybe any kind of puzzle like this will confuse a spam bot.
make many options, and not only 4.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Feb 2012, 18:04

I changed the question to something more general.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Feb 2012, 23:47

It is out of question, because to install the remake you need TPR, or have you forgotten? :P
So? Imagine I'm some random RTS gamer who has never heard of KaM:
1. I Google for medieval RTS games, and find http://www.kamremake.com
2. I like the look of it, so following the instructions on the download page I buy KaM TPR from GOG.com for $3
3. I install KaM TPR, then download and install KaM Remake
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Feb 2012, 11:13

EDIT: Not a big problem, but the navigation bar is missing a dot between FAQ and mini chat:
It makes them look like one link, but they are separate as you can see when you hover.

Also, the RSS button is missing, although the page still exists and works fine.
This has been fixed now, too ;)

Return to “Forum”