Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Choose from 2, game

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Sep 2018, 18:36

Re: Choose from 2, game

Automatic. Now hear me out, that might sound like a typical American answer, but all of my vehicles have been standard since 2014. Most people who can drive a standard seem to be fanatics/elitist about it, putting down those who cannot drive standard like it is some sort of god-tier skill. They come up with lots of silly reasons that standard is better, but most of them aren't even true any more. Automatic transmissions are much better than they used to be. You can have much more control over shifting, fuel efficiency has improved greatly to even being more efficient than some standard drivers, they are much cheaper than they used to be, and they are just plain easier to operate. Try having a manual transmission in bumper-to-bumper traffic and not have your clutch leg cramp from always being on it. Not to mention the wear on the clutch anyhow. And don't get me started on hill starts. Yuck!

I will say that manual transmissions have one huge advantage: If you know how to shift, your transmission will last the life of your car. Transmissions are expensive. It can cost upwards of 5,000 to get a used transmission. At that point, it's not worth fixing. You just get a new car. A standard transmission does not have this problem, though you will eventually have to replace the clutch. It's an affordable job though.

After saying all that though, my next car will probably still be a standard :P I never learn from my choices ;)

Podcast or music when on a car drive?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Black

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 29 Sep 2018, 20:25

In my country podcasts are quite unknown, or at least there aren't good ones in my language. Don't know if radio trasmissions can be considered as podcast, although when i drive i prefer listening to music, since i like singing (actually i scream like a mad), and it's the only place where i can do it :P

During the day, few big meals or many small meals?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Oct 2018, 14:34

Many small meals. I have some moderately-severe health problems that prevent me from eating a lot at once and also prevents me from getting full nutrition from food. This leaves me in a position where I constantly eat all day :)

Vanilla or cinnamon flavor?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Oct 2018, 20:50

I love vanilla! :D
I have some moderately-severe health problems that prevent me from eating a lot at once and also prevents me from getting full nutrition from food.
Oh, I'm sorry... hope you'll be fine. :'(

Alright, the question: will Ben die from starvation or from something he ate?
(Jk, he'll die trying to kill me through the internet :P )
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 15 Oct 2018, 21:50

I love vanilla! :D
Same here. I use vanilla at almost every opportunity (except I don't put it in pancakes for some reason). If you don't already know how it's made, I recommend you look up DIY homemade vanilla. It's surprisingly simple with an interesting twist.

As for the question:
From something I ate (or drank) for sure. I have a terribly typical American diet. I'm sure that's one reason I'm not healthy!

Sausage or Fish?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 16 Oct 2018, 08:38

Sausage or Fish?
Sausage.
No seafoods in my life. Forget it. The only thing what I can not accept in a kitchen. What is coming from sea that rather stay there. Beautiful creatures for any aquarium and I 'm afraid of the angry mermaids. :wink:

Being slim or solid-fat?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Oct 2018, 15:05

Slim. Both have negative effects on your health, but being overweight affects your lifestyle more.

On steaks or chops or ground meat:
Lean meat or marbled/fatty meat?
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 16 Oct 2018, 15:26

Being slim or solid-fat?
I would say an half-way but if I had to choose I think I will go for slim.
I'm not the type of person who care too much about diet, but fortunately my love for food is passed only by my love for sport, and that's what prevent from being fat. Although i'm not exactly light as a feather :rolleyes:

EDIT
I didn'y see your reply Ben so excuse me for the answer. I will leave my reply just for curiosity, and i will answer to your question
Marbled/fatty meat. Lean one is more healthy for sure but it's also less tasty in general. A little bit of fat is always welcome on my steak ;)

Small laptop or tablet? (as a device to use when you're not at home)
Last edited by Black on 16 Oct 2018, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Oct 2018, 15:46

Tablet. But if I can pick Tablet PC (like a Surface Pro) I go for that, I love Surfaces they are so cool. Laptops just are not practical for me. If I have a screen, I want two large dual monitors, I'm just spoiled like that :P With a tablet I feel like I have something special since it's much larger than my phone's screen, and I like to use a tablet for reading, especially for my Bible at church. As a side bonus, my church is very traditional and old school, so I look "edgy" when I'm the only one there using a digital copy of the Bible. I enjoy how it annoys them lol.

Now, black, answer my question ;)
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 16 Oct 2018, 20:02

We need a new question
Bus or subway to move around the city?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Oct 2018, 00:40

Bus. It's more flexible and I'm more experienced with it.

My question. Pick any of the following three questions:
1)Lean meat or marbled/fatty meat?
2)Lean meat or marbled/fatty meat?
3)Lean meat or marbled/fatty meat?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Oct 2018, 08:11

3)Lean meat or marbled/fatty meat?
EDIT
I didn'y see your reply Ben so excuse me for the answer. I will leave my reply just for curiosity, and i will answer to your question
Marbled/fatty meat. Lean one is more healthy for sure but it's also less tasty in general. A little bit of fat is always welcome on my steak ;)
Should an edited post be marked as unread in this thread only or in the whole forum?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Oct 2018, 11:31

Should an edited post be marked as unread in this thread only .
-This sound is much better I guess.
-A fatty one. To can hold the slim-fat question open :wink:

Breaking or following rules?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Oct 2018, 14:14

I'm going to preserve my sanity and say that Black edited his post after I went berserk on my unanswered food question :lol:
Breaking or following rules?
Breaking the rules. That way I get to use my moderating powers (6) Let the shoe ads and forum flaming continue!

When you use side-by-side dual monitors, do you prefer your secondary screen to be to the left or right of your primary screen?
<<

Black

Warrior

Post 28 Oct 2018, 20:49

Left. I need to have my first look on the right, like when i'm studying. Dunno why precisely, maybe is just habit.

What's your 'dress code' in the life of all day: Casual or Refined/Stylish?

Return to “General Chit Chat”