Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Life...

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2009, 02:39

Life...

So due to a lack of other things to do, Ithought I would tell you guys about my life.

Hi! I'm Benjamin, but I liked being called Ben better. (And I'm a male, if you can't figure that out on your own :P) I am 14 (as of this day) and ilive in the USA. I have four brothers and no sisters. I have 5 real friends, and countless sort of friends.
My best friend is Jason. He is my age and he is a lot smarter and stronger then I am. I have known him since forever. BTW he is also my shirt-tail cousin.

I also ahve friends by the names of: Gabe, Landon, Thomas, Hannah, and Tyler.

I would call these people my friends: Abby, Shannon, Josh, (who is my school priniple) Another Hannah, and, finaly, Alexis.
I would also call Lewin a friend of mine sonce he is such a nice and helpful person! :)
Oh! And all you other people out there in the KaM forum I would call my buddys! :D

ANYWAY! I am not so good at math, but I'm a good writer and I'm excelent at science.

I live in a forest in the middle of nowhere. I own 32 chickens of which I get all my money form (by selling the eggs they lay) and I but more games with that money, as well as putting some towords collage.

I own a Windows XP a Nintendo Wii, gamecube, 64, and a DS. I also have a Play station, but only one game for it. I also might be getting a Xbox 360, but I'm not sure. My favorite game is knights and merchants of course, but my 2nd would be Oblivion or Rome - Total War. Thirds may be Zelda - Twlight Princess, Age of Empires, and Harvest Moon.

(sigh) I own a lot of vidio games.

But palying vidio games is not all I do, I paly since I live so far away form my friends (as I said before). I love Basket Ball. I play for my school and our team is called the "Mapplewood Black Bears".
Above all things I like to do is spend time with my friends. Especially Jason :wink: I spend a lot of time with Landon at school so I don't go to his house a lot. I spend a lot of time with Hannah to, since she never has anything to do. (she also buys me whatever I want when we go to a store so I get to have fun AND good food :wink: )

Well I could go on and on, but I wont. I hope you nosy people have enjoyed this :lol: I enjoyed telling you guys (It burned soem time.)

Oh and I also have a Basket Ball game on friday! Wish me luck please! (not that I beleave in luck :roll: )

Ben.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Jan 2009, 02:41

By the way, If anyone else wants to talk about their life, feel free to do so.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 28 Jan 2009, 14:32

Good luck. :wink:

Just a question: how do you go to school?
<<

Nick

Crossbowman

Post 29 Jan 2009, 12:45

'Rome - Total War'
Very nice! This is actually my favorite game as I have a very big screen and a good computer. Having 5000 man on 1 battlefiels is just awesome. U should try some MODs for it as those are better then the original game.
When 'Empire - Total war' releases, I certainly gonna buy it ^^
I love those cannons and ship battles :O
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 30 Jan 2009, 02:06

Good luck.
Thanks! It is tomorrow too!
Just a question: how do you go to school?
My mom is a teacher so she drives me there. (we don't have a bus route for our school since all of the students come from 5 diferent towns :shock: )
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Feb 2009, 01:54

YAY!

My team won the game. We also won the game the day after that one!!!
I also played the entire time on friday, which I thought would never happen!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 01 Feb 2009, 09:53

Well done Ben!

I just want to say that tomorrow I am starting college and will not have a lot of time left for KaM things. I will still release 0.9 of my editor, and hopefully send the petition soon but I won't have much free time.
So don't be alarmed if I don't respond quickly or if I don't maintain my mission site as well as I have been.

@Ben: I own chickens too! (in Australia we call them "chooks") We used to have about 40 but now we only have about 10 because they got old and died. Oh, and on Friday a baby chick hatched which was very exciting. Do you hatch chicks as well?
And I basically live in a forest in the middle of nowhere too. We are about 30 minutes drive out of Canberra (the capitol of Australia) on a property. (not really a farm, it's mainly bush) Although now I will be living in a unit in town, so I don't have to travel as far to get to college.
Lewin.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Feb 2009, 01:22

@Lewin
We seem to live in the same invironment :) I live in the woods so it's not really a farm either. No I don't hatch chicks, I jsut order them online and they come to my post office, where I must pick them up. I think that, however, I will start ahtching them this year (they are so fuffly and cute :D )
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 04 Nov 2009, 22:09

I'm excelent at science
Which kind of science do you favor?
I live in a forest in the middle of nowhere.
I basically live in a forest in the middle of nowhere too.
I must tell you guys I'm jealous of you :? The more I get older the more I desire to leave my dirty city (I live in Budapest, capital of Hungary, since being born). I enjoyed Verne's novel "Children of captain Grant" when it was describing landscapes of 37? latitude to south in the age of Australian settlers. By the way, I'd rather be occupied with growing plants than rearing animals.

@Ben:
As far as I understood you, in your living environment people are much more open than here. I live in a flat, in a house of a residential area, and don't even know my neighbours. I first got to know my classmates in the last half of six years. I'm really feel like a gaffer here, escaped from the battle fields in the age of knights and merchants... :cry:
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

Juba

Barbarian

Post 05 Nov 2009, 18:01

Btw, I live too almost in the middle of nowhere, actually in a very small countryside village in western Finland. And there's forest quite near.
We have about 14,1 hectar field but it just a part-time job for our family (the amount it produces grain is almost as valuable as my father's salary in month.

And there's absolutely no waste in the nature. 8)

I think I should post to the topic "Introductions" so I can tell this better. Hmm, how the hell I've missed that topic? Well, maybe I post there tomorrow or at weekend (I'm having an exam week which ens at next Tuesday).
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Nov 2009, 17:10

Gyula wrote
I prefer Meteorology and Creationism.

I must tell you guys I'm jealous of you
I understand somewat what you mean. I used to live in town (nothing like a city though, only about 2,500 people) and I talked little to my neighbors (grandparrents excluded, I went to their house a lot to play KaM :D ) I always wanted to move and raise chickens, which happened. (I moved about 8 years ago.) Anyway the "forest" around my house is getting thinner due to my dad cutting down trees and storms either blowing them down or lighing strikes. You can see the dirt road that is connected to my drivway in winter when there are no leaves, but in summer it is blocked from view, which I like. Still, the wind isn't as bad at my house as it is outside the forest, and we still see bears and sometimes even wolves around! Deer come up to our house almost every day during the fall and esp. hunting season, which Amarica has during Thanksgiving. Turkeys and foxes are seen running about all the time too. I have cought a racoon and 3 skunks in a live trap. My cousin, who lives down the road from me, has cats. Lots of cats that have kittens all year long. Most of the time they run off and, I assume, freeze to death in the woods, but some move into our woodshed and they sometimes attack my chickens, so I shoot them with my .22. Anyway That's life at my house.
<<

Faritop

Laborer

Post 07 Nov 2009, 23:10

Gyula wrote
You like meteorology?Nice. An aquantaince of mine is studying atmospheric sciences.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Nov 2009, 23:32

I don't want an argument about this but I would just like to say that I don't think Creationism should be taught as a science. It would be like teaching chemistry or physics in church as a religion. (you would not like that would you?)
Science has it's beliefs, religion has it's beliefs. I don't see why they should be mixed.

Creationism is a religious believe (that's also how Wikipedia classifies it) and if it is taught in school it shouldn't be labelled as a science. (couldn't it be a religious class?)
[Mainstream] Science is based on observations, experiments and global agreement within the scientific community.
Religion is based on belief and conviction.
Both are powerful and important, but can't we keep these two things separate in life? In my mind there is a big difference between them. Don't you find it degrading to religion to have it taught as a science rather than as a belief, a knowing, a feeling, something you find more powerful and believable than scientific knowledge? The same way I (and you) would find it degrading if my physics class was taught in a church by a preacher.
I believe it is important to have science and religion in a community, but there should be a boundary between them.

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying that your beliefs are wrong and I'm not trying to belittling your beliefs.
Lewin.
P.S. Please don't try to tell me that creationism is a mainstream science that can be proved with scientific observations, or that evolution is wrong, I don't want that kind of a discussion. I would rather talk about how it is being presented. (in schools esp.)
<<

Categoricus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Nov 2009, 23:53

Both have interesting properties.

Meteorology was the science that firstly inspired development of computers. Actually there was another but funny conception to solve the huge amount of calculation that meteorology required for giving a forecast: there would've been an arena with a tower in the middle of it, this should've been the processing center. And on the seats of stadium mathematicians would've been sitting and counting and, whenever they had finished a calculus would have run into the tower with their piece of paper and back again.

Creationism even has a more serious message. Maybe we could open an own topic for that but I'm just answering now shortly: the biggest known opponent of creationism was phylogenesis that got confuted by mainly the second theorem of thermodynamics for a longer while, however Hungarian teachers are still bound to teach this.
Theory of evolution was taken up by communism to seemingly prove its own doctrine called the dialectial materialism. Of course this kind of philosophy could only achieve its purpose by offically and militarily denying a creator God, not to mention that Darwin later cancelled his speculations that leaded further than static taxonomy. Well, the good thing is no total effect could be taken. :wink:
Creationism is a religious believe
You ought to consider difference between religion and belief, Lewin. After this you can start to observe the proofs of continuous answers to faith.
Primus Christianus Hungaricus Categoricus
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Nov 2009, 01:14

Lewin Wrote:
Please don't try to tell me that creationism is a mainstream science that can be proved with scientific observations, or that evolution is wrong, I don't want that kind of a discussion. I would rather talk about how it is being presented.
well I will say that evolution is no more of a belief then creationism: you can't prove evolution anymore then creationism, and both have things that can't be "proven."

Gyula wrote
Maybe we could open an own topic for that
I'd love to do that, but not here, it has it's own forums and since this is the biggest argument of all time, I think it could end up ugly...well I won't open the topic, but someone else can.

Return to “General Chit Chat”