Web Hosting?

<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 06 Aug 2014, 20:37

Web Hosting?

Hi,
I'm beginning web-master (is this right word?), but I don't know where to publish my work, there are so many hosting sites, but not really much allows you to upload your own files, do anyone have some idea or knowledge about this?
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Aug 2014, 04:04

Re: Web Hosting?

Do you want free hosting or paid hosting? (I don't know much about free hosting but I think it's very limited and comes with ads) Also, what kind of websites do you want to host? Just static HTML or dynamic pages with a backend like PHP and MySQL?
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Aug 2014, 06:30

You can always start with hosting it on your own pc with a dns attached to your ip.
but your pc would have to be on all the time.
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Aug 2014, 08:44

Do you want free hosting or paid hosting? (I don't know much about free hosting but I think it's very limited and comes with ads) Also, what kind of websites do you want to host? Just static HTML or dynamic pages with a backend like PHP and MySQL?
I want free hosting, I know there are ads, but thats not a big problem. Like I said I'm beginner, so for now I can write only plain html.
You can always start with hosting it on your own pc with a dns attached to your ip.
but your pc would have to be on all the time.
Thanks, but this is not the right solution for me.
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Duke Valennius

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Aug 2014, 07:32

This is quite late reply, since I rarely look into these parts of forums, but if by any chance you are still looking for free webhosting you can try:
ic.cz - you probably know about this one by now. Free subdomain, one line advertisement at the top of your page
hostinger.cz - more space, no ads, however I think you need to buy your own domain for this one (I think prices are ~10€ per year) (edit: comes with free subdomain too)

Both come with PHP and MySQL if needed in the future
<<

averygrayson

Peasant

Post 15 Jan 2015, 11:29

Now a days there is so-many company provide the web hosting service. I know a hosting site as Hostbuddy.com, where my friend hosting his site, but he didn't face any problem in a single day.

Return to “General Chit Chat”