Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

How is your view on other countries ?

<<

Omigoshe

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Jul 2013, 13:25

How is your view on other countries ?

Shall we start some sort of series ? Since almost everyone is from Europe, let's do a Europe series.

I'll start - what is your general view on my country Belgium?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Jul 2013, 14:28

Re: How is your view on other countries ?

Inb4 Belgium jokes from Dutch people :P
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 05 Jul 2013, 14:40

There are a lot of jokes about French-speaking Belgians in France :p
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Jul 2013, 14:52

belgium is the land of good beer and chocolate in my point of view. i will let anti do the jokes :d
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Omigoshe

Rogue

Post 05 Jul 2013, 15:00

hehe post them!

I think the Netherlands: kind people, often arrogant and a bit much self-esteem (note: teenagers). But also funny in a unique way and what I like about them they are able to laugh with themselves, that's important I think for people to be able to do that ;) (for example with the new king and of course that terrible song.)
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Jul 2013, 15:17

terrible is not even a start for describing that song though....
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 05 Jul 2013, 15:39

Well Belgium, two countries trying to be one. Best without a government! But they managed to get some greek roepie roepie leading the folk (crisis guaranteed XD)
Wallonië (walsh or something in english, in any case, the french part), hmm don't have many jokes about them. Though posting them on the internet wouldn't harm anyone, since none of them will read it. Come on, Walsh people having internet? I'd be less surprised with a world at peace.
Flemish, mainly the accent, and Samson en Gert!

But yeah, that''s from some lad from Limburg, not really a Dutch guy. But I think it will be hard to understand for people not living nearby :P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Jul 2013, 21:38

Belgium? Belgium is where Bo is from! The land of ponies :D It is also the country Hitler marched through to avoid the Maginot Line (These two things are not necessarily related lol).

Other than that, I really don't know anything about Belgium. Silly American :P
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 06 Jul 2013, 08:16

There are a lot of jokes about French-speaking Belgians in France :p
I'm interested to hear some of them! I don't like the Walloons all that much so I could probably have a good laugh with those jokes :)

In my opinion, the only thing you should really know our country for is:

:) I'm a very big fan of our national football team, go to most home games and even went to Wales for the out game last year. It became a very memorable weekend and one of the best (and most drunk) in my life.

As for Ben... America is my dream country. I've been there in 2003 and 2004 (California). My ultimate dream is living in America, riding a big ass Cadillac El Dorado '59. Oh man :) The people I came across with while in California have been some of the nicest people I've met, it was a great experience. And they got the best amusement parks! (aside from Europa Park in Germany)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2013, 12:37

I'm interested to hear some of them! I don't like the Walloons all that much so I could probably have a good laugh with those jokes :))
Well they're funny in French, I doubt they'd be in English ;p
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 09 Jul 2013, 15:52

Belgium? Well, in Poland we don't talk about this. Sometimes people talk about Brussels and European Union. People really hate this organisation...
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Jul 2013, 15:08

From out the historie dutch people have always made jokes about the belgium people. For me, its a country to get your fireworks and some fine chocolate. Best beers come from across the sea (sorry belgium beer lovers) i perfer irish red or dark guiness :D

What i was wondering is how eastern european countries see the western european countries ?
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Jul 2013, 15:27

What i was wondering is how eastern european countries see the western european countries ?
European Union, problems with islam and black people, gay and lesbian marriages, wars in Arabian countries, colonialism... Also this is a place, where we can find a job.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jul 2013, 01:26

So when is America allowed to have an opinion in this topic, hmmmm?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 20 Jul 2013, 07:45

(warning: the following material may not be suitable for Americans... also, the number of stereotypes mentioned is over 9000)

America: a country where obese, stupid people that don't have a clue where Europe is, are the majority. They also love to sue off everyone in their sight for ridiculous reasons, and they see terrorists in every country that has some spare oil. They also dislike European sports (soccerFOOTBALL) because they are so convinced of their own superiority that they can't care about a sport where they are sore losers. So, they invented their own sports to be the best at (baseball, american football, basketball) of which none makes an European care at all (well, basketball was always quite popular in Poland tho, even if we suck at it :P).

It's a wonder that from all these people the only one who knows about KaM is Ben, somehow he seems normal xD

Return to “General Chit Chat”