Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

does anyone have the new computer(s)

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Dec 2009, 08:13

But of course you do :)

It's just that krokkodillo over there (:P) claims that consoles are better for gaming than PC's, and that's just BS :wink:
<<

Tofik__PL

Serf

Post 27 Dec 2009, 11:06

Maybe it isn't bs :idea: One thing I can say for sure - we did a nice off top :)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Dec 2009, 18:05

You don't get it do you..? :P

It is better..
You see, it has to do with hardware :)
And the hardware in a PC (relatively new) is by far more advanced and better :wink:
<<

Tofik__PL

Serf

Post 27 Dec 2009, 19:36

You are right, hardware is better, but it doesn't mean that playing games on PC is better. These days games for PCs are bugged so much, than I, for example, can't play Fallout 3 which I've bought more than year ago :idea: I don't say that only PC games are bugged, but console versions are much more stable... We have too many useless ports of console games on our PCs. I respect your opinion, but I still think that we cannot say that kind of statements like 'consoles/PCs are BETTER. 8) Though, it's good to have them booth.
<<

harold

Knight

Post 27 Dec 2009, 22:15

Games made for PC are usually OK, but the ports are indeed often crappy (Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, anyone?)

GuildWars: no problems at all
Team Fortress 2: no problems at all
HalfLife series: no problems
Halo: not even originally a PC game (not after MS acquired it), but not buggy on PC
<<

Tofik__PL

Serf

Post 28 Dec 2009, 09:32

There are just too many buggy PC games to count them all, but I think You are more PC gamer than console, so you should agree with me about quality of new released games too. They are bugged as never before. Every new game need some patches right after release. In my opinion these days only Blizzard is taking care of quality. You're right - there are more playable games, but in fact you start to count working games, not crappy, so I think we can agree with each other. There is no need for further discussion, cos we're booth right. Point

Regards :)
<<

grussell

Serf

Post 05 Apr 2012, 06:50

Re: does anyone have the new computer(s)

I am really excited to see how the new ivy bridge processors would keep up. Well the current standard sandy bridge processors are great and fast already but they should still be a great step up from what we have currently.

I think that they are more of advertising how they could be of low power consumption speced even with such a ton of power packing in their hardware.

Return to “Computers & Technology”