Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

grammar fix

<<

n1h0k3r

Serf

Posts: 9

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: why do you want to know?

Post 21 Sep 2008, 11:46

grammar fix

i have to say that quite a bit of the english here has problems. being an american, i would gladly help to fix them. grammar mistakes can hinder a potentially great forum and make it look a bit bad. this could become a big thing.
<<

dsavi

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Post 21 Sep 2008, 11:58

Re: grammar fix

n1h0k3r wrote:i have to say that quite a bit of the english here has problems. being an american, i would gladly help to fix them. grammar mistakes can hinder a potentially great forum and make it look a bit bad. this could become a big thing.

So far I haven't noticed anything, could you point out where?

And by the way, it's kind of ironic that you didn't use any caps at all in the post... -> Bad grammar...
<<

n1h0k3r

Serf

Posts: 9

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: why do you want to know?

Post 21 Sep 2008, 12:29

"Talk general things about the game, such things that don't have an own category."

"[ Poll ] does anyone have the new computer(s)"

that can't really be called good grammar. and then there are other things that just sound funny.
<<

Litude

User avatar

King Karolus

Posts: 1231

Joined: 01 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Finland

Post 21 Sep 2008, 13:14

You know, maybe I should just ban you because of trolling and spamming...
Do you seriously expect every post in a forum to use perfect grammar?
<<

dsavi

Serf

Posts: 8

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Post 21 Sep 2008, 15:37

I think that he more expects the forum and forum descriptions to have good English.
<<

Merchator

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 336

Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 23:00

Location: Germany

Post 21 Sep 2008, 15:42

Well, the most people here don't see this grammar mistakes (like me). I understand every one here and (as I hope) every one understand me.

People with bad or good english are meeting here, so it's no question that here are many mistakes.

How can I express myself...
Right!:

Who cares?
or for the many-swearing people:
Who gives a sh*t?
:wink:
<<

n1h0k3r

Serf

Posts: 9

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: why do you want to know?

Post 21 Sep 2008, 16:17

i would never expect perfect grammar in posts. i, for one, can't be bothered to pay attention. it is just the forum descriptions that could use some small corrections. no offence, hopefully.
<<

The Dark Lord

User avatar

King Karolus Servant

Posts: 2151

Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 22:00

Location: In his dark thunderstormy castle

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 21 Sep 2008, 20:08

No offence to you either, but hopefully you realize that this is an international forum. We talk in English, but here are people from all over the world. You can't expect everyone to speak English fluently, although it is a fairly easy language.
<<

Cless Albane

User avatar

Laborer

Posts: 11

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: I am the bone of my sword.

Post 22 Sep 2008, 05:26

i gRAMMERING pROPERLY bEING fAGGOTRY-


Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?

Also, If the admin goes on a b& spree like Shinji the Good Sharer, I will leave and never come back. :cry: :evil:
<<

Rudius

User avatar

Blacksmith

Posts: 25

Joined: 29 May 2008, 22:00

Location: Where the hell am I...? >.<

Post 22 Sep 2008, 14:22

Cless Albane wrote:i gRAMMERING pROPERLY bEING fAGGOTRY-


Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?

Also, If the admin goes on a b& spree like Shinji the Good Sharer, I will leave and never come back. :cry: :evil:


Go ahead crybaby.

Grammah? Wuzzat? Canz ya eatz it? Mez be speekin' orky 'n propa, iz yaz who dun make na senze.
<<

Cless Albane

User avatar

Laborer

Posts: 11

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: I am the bone of my sword.

Post 22 Sep 2008, 14:32

Rudius wrote:
Cless Albane wrote:i gRAMMERING pROPERLY bEING fAGGOTRY-


Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?

Also, If the admin goes on a b& spree like Shinji the Good Sharer, I will leave and never come back. :cry: :evil:


Go ahead crybaby.

Grammah? Wuzzat? Canz ya eatz it? Mez be speekin' orky 'n propa, iz yaz who dun make na senze.


Uhh... excuse me, but...

What?
<<

n1h0k3r

Serf

Posts: 9

Joined: 20 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: why do you want to know?

Post 22 Sep 2008, 15:30

Cless Albane wrote:Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?



Rudius wrote:Grammah? Wuzzat? Canz ya eatz it? Mez be speekin' orky 'n propa, iz yaz who dun make na senze.


good point. but this is surely no orc tribe, so i think that such speech is quite unnecessary.

p.s. rudius, i know where you live.
<<

Cless Albane

User avatar

Laborer

Posts: 11

Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 22:00

Location: I am the bone of my sword.

Post 22 Sep 2008, 16:54

n1h0k3r wrote:
Cless Albane wrote:Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?



Rudius wrote:Grammah? Wuzzat? Canz ya eatz it? Mez be speekin' orky 'n propa, iz yaz who dun make na senze.


good point. but this is surely no orc tribe, so i think that such speech is quite unnecessary.

p.s. rudius, i know where you live.


Wut?
<<

Rudius

User avatar

Blacksmith

Posts: 25

Joined: 29 May 2008, 22:00

Location: Where the hell am I...? >.<

Post 22 Sep 2008, 16:57

Cless Albane wrote:
n1h0k3r wrote:
Cless Albane wrote:Honestly, as long as the point comes across, who cares if it's proper?



Rudius wrote:Grammah? Wuzzat? Canz ya eatz it? Mez be speekin' orky 'n propa, iz yaz who dun make na senze.


good point. but this is surely no orc tribe, so i think that such speech is quite unnecessary.

p.s. rudius, i know where you live.


Wut?


So what? I know you are wearing things right now.
<<

Litude

User avatar

King Karolus

Posts: 1231

Joined: 01 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Finland

Post 22 Sep 2008, 18:34

Seems like this thread has told its tale.

Return to Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron