Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Post deleted

<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Aug 2014, 11:22

Post deleted

Okay, this made me really mad. Yesterday, I posted a question regarding reviving old threads in a and old revived thread. I would understand a lock on the topic or a move or something, but instead the posts were deleted by Ben and no answer to my questions provided. How is this acceptable behavior? Do really mods have to play god? This really makes me sad about this forum, which I thought is open and friendly.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 13 Aug 2014, 12:12

Re: Post deleted

Okay, this made me really mad. Yesterday, I posted a question regarding reviving old threads in a and old revived thread. I would understand a lock on the topic or a move or something, but instead the posts were deleted by Ben and no answer to my questions provided. How is this acceptable behavior? Do really mods have to play god? This really makes me sad about this forum, which I thought is open and friendly.
Hi,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you should've given Ben a little more time to answer your questions, because he too has a life outside this forum. If he hadn't answered your questions within two or three days I'd suggest contacting an Admin about the issue instead of just posting a rant where you think mods have to play God. I'm sure Ben had his reasons to delete posts (which are not really deleted, but instead moved to a hidden section), so your posts can be restored if we'd want that.

Right now I'm not taking any action. I suggest you wait for an answer from Ben and if you two can't work it out, you can always contact me.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Aug 2014, 16:14

Firstly, if you have questions like this then try to use PM since going public makes everyone look bad.

Anyway, your post was deleted because another user went off topic. We moderators always split topics after they deviate a different course. In this case, I merely deleted the posts because we've already had he discussion on necropolis many times and the posts didn't seem appropriate to start a new topic with a split. If you want to start a new topic in the appropriate section regarding necroposts, feel free.

If it is of any condolence, I believe that you were right. The topic was revived in a very apropriate way. That's why I deleted the off-topic posts.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Freddy

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 13 Aug 2014, 16:40

Sorry for the ill-natured post and thank you both for the explanation. I don't really remember exactly, what I wrote there (as I can't read it anymore), but I was really just curious about other opinions on the topic. Just understand that I was surprised by the unexplained action and the threat of censorship.

I fully agree that this would have been better solved via PM, dunno what was I thinking. I take back my assumption, but I still think, that I deserved at least a short explanation just a pointer where to carry on with the stuff (I have no idea if Ben planned to notify me). On the other hand, I totally understand, that time is short and this can be easily overlooked.

Anyway, all is well now.

Return to “Forum”