Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

13th January incident

<<

BloodTree

User avatar

Barbarian

Posts: 104

Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 23:41

Location: Latvia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 14 Jan 2013, 21:29

13th January incident

After 13th January incident I decide not delete my forum account and not block it.
I was really angry on some people and still i am.
So what did happened it was not about that i get kicked from server but it was about of behavior on TS and on forum.
In this forum players get so much negative feedback that they simply afraid or don`t post because they know that they will get personal attack.
There are no moderator who clean mess on forum! (I don't see any "troll" posts here that need deleting except maybe)quote
I will not post any posts on this forum till moderators will start do something! By telling this i mean clean or edit posts.

For TS players is it really matter with who you play there are 8 slots for 8 players on KaM if you want play with same players all them time then don`t welcome and let wait him 2h for game witch you don`t get because you get kick and reason is simple you like more play with same players. And don`t tell me about balance and i am not telling only about my self i am not only one who get kick.

Can`t like everyone but still is this a reason why need act like this?
<<

Da Revolution

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 719

Joined: 13 Apr 2012, 12:07

Location: Near the inn

Post 14 Jan 2013, 21:38

Re: 13th January incident

BloodTree I'm glad you decided to stay. Yes it was a shame what happened there, especially because you waited that long. Remember that its a beta, so the amount of players is limited (we had 9 or 10 that day), so 2 lobbies with 6 people wasn't even an option.

About the forum mods...TDL is just lazy. Well serious now, they do their job really, its also a bad thing when they intervene too fast.

Just a tip, maybe try to change your attitude a bit ( you even called me rat :s), maybe you changed it already. This way people tend to accept you faster in their game.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 14 Jan 2013, 22:24

Re: 13th January incident

If you have an issue with any moderation decision (or lack of moderation) please write a PM about it to myself or one of the other moderators and we'll try to sort the issue out. If you are referring to the discussion on the topic "Results of multiplayer games", you were throwing around insults too. The Dark Lord stepped in and told you two to stop it and get back on topic. I don't see any issues with the way the moderation was handled.

As for being kicked from beta games, unfortunately there's a limited number of players and people want to play with their friends, so you will sometimes be kicked out to make room for another person. Some people are polite about this and some are not, but either way try not to take it personally. If you are nice and show you are worth playing with I think people will accept you. Who knows, maybe one day they will kick out another guy because they want you to play instead? People are allowed to choose who the play with even if that means some people have to be kicked and feel disappointed. You can always go back to the public version of the Remake where there are plenty of players.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Posts: 409

Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 00:43

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 14 Jan 2013, 23:46

Re: 13th January incident

BloodTree wrote:After 13th January incident I decide not delete my forum account and not block it.
I was really angry on some people and still i am.
So what did happened it was not about that i get kicked from server but it was about of behavior on TS and on forum.
In this forum players get so much negative feedback that they simply afraid or don`t post because they know that they will get personal attack.
There are no moderator who clean mess on forum! (I don't see any "troll" posts here that need deleting except maybe)quote
I will not post any posts on this forum till moderators will start do something! By telling this i mean clean or edit posts.

For TS players is it really matter with who you play there are 8 slots for 8 players on KaM if you want play with same players all them time then don`t welcome and let wait him 2h for game witch you don`t get because you get kick and reason is simple you like more play with same players. And don`t tell me about balance and i am not telling only about my self i am not only one who get kick.

Can`t like everyone but still is this a reason why need act like this?

I wanted to play with you , I was even saying that Bloodtree should play no matter what, since it was your first time on teamspeak and you stayed on teamspeak for 2 hours waiting for a game, but then Mully came along and kicked you for one simple reason, and said that he doesnt want random peopel on the lobby.

Anyway, I think you are a good player, and you are always welcome to my lobby whenever there is a free slot, Romek was also supporting the idea of leaving a slot for you, but things just didnt go the right way at the time, dont worry about it, just move on and everything will be fine :) you might play with us sometime this week.
Image

Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 14 Jan 2013, 23:48

Re: 13th January incident

Could you be a little more specific?

Saying 'There are no moderators who clean the mess on this forum' is kind of an invalid argument. Provide us with some examples.
Please remember that we're just normal people with lives. We're not able to monitor this forum for 24/7. That's just impossible, even though I
try to come as close as possible with the entire team.

I'm also disappointed in the fact that you didn't contact anyone of the team personally before you publicly blame us for not reacting fast enough.
We would've responded way sooner if you warned an Admin or Moderator. You're always free to file a complaint against any of us, but it would be
nice if you give us a fair chance.
Missing a feature on the forum? Please let me know by sending me a PM :)

<<

BloodTree

User avatar

Barbarian

Posts: 104

Joined: 27 Oct 2012, 23:41

Location: Latvia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Jan 2013, 00:55

Re: 13th January incident

Da Revolution wrote:BloodTree I'm glad you decided to stay. Yes it was a shame what happened there, especially because you waited that long. Remember that its a beta, so the amount of players is limited (we had 9 or 10 that day), so 2 lobbies with 6 people wasn't even an option.

About the forum mods...TDL is just lazy. Well serious now, they do their job really, its also a bad thing when they intervene too fast.

Just a tip, maybe try to change your attitude a bit ( you even called me rat :s), maybe you changed it already. This way people tend to accept you faster in their game.


When you say what you see your are an ass and i am that ass and i know it.

Lewin wrote:If you have an issue with any moderation decision (or lack of moderation) please write a PM about it to myself or one of the other moderators and we'll try to sort the issue out. If you are referring to the discussion on the topic "Results of multiplayer games", you were throwing around insults too. The Dark Lord stepped in and told you two to stop it and get back on topic. I don't see any issues with the way the moderation was handled.

As for being kicked from beta games, unfortunately there's a limited number of players and people want to play with their friends, so you will sometimes be kicked out to make room for another person. Some people are polite about this and some are not, but either way try not to take it personally. If you are nice and show you are worth playing with I think people will accept you. Who knows, maybe one day they will kick out another guy because they want you to play instead? People are allowed to choose who the play with even if that means some people have to be kicked and feel disappointed. You can always go back to the public version of the Remake where there are plenty of players.


I really don`t want point on anyone finger and tell him what to do. When i asked clean topic i get back maybe, when he told he will do it he did not.
What the point telling someone stop Instead clean that mess by edit or delete it.
What kinda forum do you want where you can see lots of off topic and troll even personal attack or clean?

T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Could you be a little more specific?

Saying 'There are no moderators who clean the mess on this forum' is kind of an invalid argument. Provide us with some examples.
Please remember that we're just normal people with lives. We're not able to monitor this forum for 24/7. That's just impossible, even though I
try to come as close as possible with the entire team.

I'm also disappointed in the fact that you didn't contact anyone of the team personally before you publicly blame us for not reacting fast enough.
We would've responded way sooner if you warned an Admin or Moderator. You're always free to file a complaint against any of us, but it would be
nice if you give us a fair chance.


No idea what you talking about.

http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=832&start=420

Where is line witch you can`t violate?
If i would not edit my own text do moderator would do it?
Sorry to moderators that you have to clean mess after me.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Jan 2013, 07:21

Re: 13th January incident

BloodTree wrote:No idea what you talking about.

http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=832&start=420

Where is line witch you can`t violate?
If i would not edit my own text do moderator would do it?
Sorry to moderators that you have to clean mess after me.

We'll draw that line.

And I honestly don't know if we would've edited your post, since I don't know what it said before you edited it.
If it was out of line, I would've edited it, yes. Also, I don't really think someone is to blame for being rude or 'trolling' you.
You're the one that suddenly becomes hostile, so in a certain way you're asking for it. By this I don't mean to say I approve
of things like that, but I think you're pointing fingers too easily while it wouldn't hurt looking in the mirror.
Missing a feature on the forum? Please let me know by sending me a PM :)

<<

The Dark Lord

User avatar

King Karolus Servant

Posts: 2152

Joined: 29 Aug 2007, 22:00

Location: In his dark thunderstormy castle

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 15 Jan 2013, 11:53

Re: 13th January incident

BloodTree, I'm doing my best to make the right decisions and to treat everyone equally. I'm human so I make mistakes, like everyone does. If you have a complaint about me, then you should discuss it with me. And if my answer doesn't suit you, you could talk to admins so they can sue me. :)
I made a mistake when it comes to the mini-chat, but I think I did what I should have done in the topic you referred to. You corrected your post so there was no need to edit or delete it anymore.
<<

pawel95

User avatar

Castle Guard Swordsman

Posts: 1911

Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 22:00

Location: "Pawel95" on Youtube.com

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 15 Jan 2013, 21:05

Re: 13th January incident

BloodTree wrote: because they know that they will get personal attack.


Hahah i know what you are talking about :D
<<

Ben

User avatar

Prince Lothar

Posts: 3801

Joined: 08 Jan 2009, 23:00

Location: United States of America GMT-5 (Standard Time)

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Jan 2013, 15:01

Re: 13th January incident

Personally?

I <3 our Moderators :mrgreen:
#thunderposting #greentornado

Return to Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest