Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

An update to Lewin's mission editor!

<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 13 Jul 2008, 13:50

An update to Lewin's mission editor!

Those who follow Lewin's website actively have probably already noticed it, but for those who do not, Lewin's editor has received an update! The newest update brings the editor to version 0.6.8 and a new welcome feature that sure is going to make mission editing ways easier is the ability to place units and animals graphically. A major fix was also included to remove a memory leak so people with slower computers might notice an improvement in performance. For anyone using the editor, updating is highly recommended!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 13 Jul 2008, 13:58

And by the way, I fixed most of the errors discovered by Lewin. :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Jul 2008, 00:28

And by the way, I fixed most of the errors discovered by Lewin. :)
Yeah, well I've discovered some more!!:
- The link to senario editors still exists under the tools section but it says page not found.
- Still no screenshot of Krom's editor displaying a village... Would you like me to take one for you? (if your computer won't run it or something...)
- In the main decoding section all the RX files are 0% but if you click on them is says 100% So which is it?
- I've decided I will write my own documentation on the LIB files, I'll send it to you when I'm done. (the current one leave too much unknown, and is not written very clearly)
- In the decoding section map files are 0%, but in the other page they are 90%. Also, it is not just "Certain insignificant bytes unknown", the whole footer is unknown! (to me anyway, and only my documentation is on the site) Do you still not want to publish The Barbarians document? You say he contributed but you don't have any mention to him other than that.
- In the decoding section save game name files are 0%, but in the other page they are 100%. Also, you should have the msaves%.dat, meaning the multiplayer saves.
- The units/buildings section under TSK devel histroy looks good, but I would have put all the old icons in one pallete. (with the current ones next to it) After all, there not all that interesting on there own and it makes to page very long.

That's all I can find now, I'll have another look after the next update.
Lewin.
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 15 Jul 2008, 16:19

The link to senario editors still exists under the tools section but it says page not found.
Fixed (Had no intention to actually remove the section)
Still no screenshot of Krom's editor displaying a village... Would you like me to take one for you? (if your computer won't run it or something...)
Will take some myself soon :)
In the main decoding section all the RX files are 0% but if you click on them is says 100% So which is it?
100% :D Fixed
I've decided I will write my own documentation on the LIB files, I'll send it to you when I'm done. (the current one leave too much unknown, and is not written very clearly)
Great! The current explanation is far from perfect :P
In the decoding section map files are 0%, but in the other page they are 90%. Also, it is not just "Certain insignificant bytes unknown", the whole footer is unknown! (to me anyway, and only my documentation is on the site)
Didn't know that :lol: Fixed
Do you still not want to publish The Barbarians document? You say he contributed but you don't have any mention to him other than that.
I will never publish stuff without the original creators permission. The reason I've mentioned The Barbarian is because I'm confident the document floating around here somewhere has helped a lot in the decoding.
In the decoding section save game name files are 0%, but in the other page they are 100%. Also, you should have the msaves%.dat, meaning the multiplayer saves.
Fixed both
The units/buildings section under TSK devel histroy looks good, but I would have put all the old icons in one pallete. (with the current ones next to it) After all, there not all that interesting on there own and it makes to page very long.
Yeah noticed that two. I'm considering moving all of the icons into a section of their own.

Thanks for the report!

Return to “Website”