Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

<<

pawel95

User avatar

Castle Guard Swordsman

Posts: 1911

Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 22:00

Location: "Pawel95" on Youtube.com

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 21 Apr 2014, 20:23

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Ok, I want to point out some things. My post shouldn´t be rude or sth similar. I just waited a few weeks, how the Database will change so I can point out some things right now :D. Sorry if I missed some things, that were already written down here before by an other user.

-What about the broken picture/image over "Welcome, pawel95" ?
-The Imagepreview works fine, good job. However it doesn´t work on my android smartphone with Google Chrome, I think it´s not your fault, right? :)
-If you click on a map and can see the details, the screenshot preview should work there also. Is it possible to do so? :mrgreen:
-Report Map button. Sorry that I clicked some times on it :$ just wanted to test it. Maybe there should be sth like "Are you sure that you want to report that map" box?
-One idea from my side about the design: I would prefer to put "MP/SP" column on the far left side, even before the title of the game, because if someone is searching for a map, he will mostly sort the maps first by this category
-Another idea. How you like symbols/small images instead of text for the MP/SP and the Fighting/Coop/economy/special column? :D I pretty liked those symbols from Lewins Homepage for example: http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/index.ph ... r_missions
(So the Repos looks a bit cooler and not that "dead" with the same font and the same size of text for everything in the Database )




Pawel95
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 21 Apr 2014, 20:34

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

I've answered your questions in your quote below.

pawel95 wrote:Ok, I want to point out some things. My post shouldn´t be rude or sth similar. I just waited a few weeks, how the Database will change so I can point out some things right now :D. Sorry if I missed some things, that were already written down here before by an other user.

-What about the broken picture/image over "Welcome, pawel95" ?
My avatar is working fine, and you're the first one I hear is experiencing this problem. Can you send me the loaded URL in the page's source code via PM?
-The Imagepreview works fine, good job. However it doesn´t work on my android smartphone with Google Chrome, I think it´s not your fault, right? :)
That's because 'mouseover' events tend not to work well on touch devices. I'm not even going to try to make that work.
-If you click on a map and can see the details, the screenshot preview should work there also. Is it possible to do so? :mrgreen:
Yes, that shouldn't be too hard. I've put it on my todo list.
-Report Map button. Sorry that I clicked some times on it :$ just wanted to test it. Maybe there should be sth like "Are you sure that you want to report that map" box?
I'll consider that. I have been thinking about editing the reporting button a bit.
-One idea from my side about the design: I would prefer to put "MP/SP" column on the far left side, even before the title of the game, because if someone is searching for a map, he will mostly sort the maps first by this category
I'll consider it, but I don't really like the idea. There's always the possibility to sort or filter by MP/SP.
-Another idea. How you like symbols/small images instead of text for the MP/SP and the Fighting/Coop/economy/special column? :D I pretty liked those symbols from Lewins Homepage for example: http://lewin.hodgman.id.au/kam/index.ph ... r_missions
(So the Repos looks a bit cooler and not that "dead" with the same font and the same size of text for everything in the Database )
I'm pretty satisfied with how it looks right now, though it could use some tweaking here and there. I'm not very fond of the images you mentioned as an example, so I don't think I will implement that. Other icons may be worth considering.


Pawel95


Another thing I noticed is that I'd like the "Creator" filter to be sorted alphabetically. I forgot that, but I'll be fixing that too.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 24 Apr 2014, 18:40

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

pawel95 wrote:What about the broken picture/image over "Welcome, pawel95" ?

There was an issue with displaying externally hosted avatars. This has been fixed.

Thanks for noticing pawel ;)
<<

andreus

User avatar

Sword Fighter

Posts: 343

Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 12:05

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 03 May 2014, 18:27

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Another thing I noticed is that I'd like the "Creator" filter to be sorted alphabetically. I forgot that, but I'll be fixing that too.


agree, you can find needed maps faster ;D

btw. Tom, please rename this map: kamrepos/map.php?id=136 to Last Fight for Oasis ;) Repos says that I can't rename - Renamen lukt niet..
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 May 2014, 07:33

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

andreus wrote:
T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:Another thing I noticed is that I'd like the "Creator" filter to be sorted alphabetically. I forgot that, but I'll be fixing that too.


agree, you can find needed maps faster ;D

btw. Tom, please rename this map: kamrepos/map.php?id=136 to Last Fight for Oasis ;) Repos says that I can't rename - Renamen lukt niet..

Strange, it seemed like only half of your edit succeeded, because the name and location of your map was changed. Anyway, I've renamed your map for you. If this happens more often, I'll look into it further.
I've also changed the error message, since it was still in Dutch for testing :P

The Creator filter is now sorted alphabetically.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 May 2014, 09:53

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

It's pretty late, but the image preview now also works on the maps page too.

I've also fixed a bug where it was possible to enter another username than your own when commenting. This should also greatly reduce spam, since only forum members should have the ability to comment. If you encounter spam, please let me know.
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jul 2014, 07:29

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Why is there a big empty space at the bottom of KaM Repos? If you keep scrolling it goes way beyond the bottom of the page. You've set margin-bottom to 500 for the copyright div. Is there a reason for that?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2014, 07:56

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Lewin wrote:Why is there a big empty space at the bottom of KaM Repos? If you keep scrolling it goes way beyond the bottom of the page. You've set margin-bottom to 500 for the copyright div. Is there a reason for that?

Yes, it's because of the map preview when you hover over a screenshot ;)
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 08 Jul 2014, 11:15

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:
Lewin wrote:Why is there a big empty space at the bottom of KaM Repos? If you keep scrolling it goes way beyond the bottom of the page. You've set margin-bottom to 500 for the copyright div. Is there a reason for that?

Yes, it's because of the map preview when you hover over a screenshot ;)

Ah I didn't know you could hover to preview screenshots (due to my internet connection and extreme distance from the server it takes 10+ seconds to load the screenshot so you don't notice that feature unless you hover for 10+ seconds). I can write you some ImageMagick PHP code that creates a scaled down low quality preview for each screenshot so they load faster.

The big gap at the bottom still looks kind of weird, maybe I can tweak the preview code so it puts it above/left of the cursor if it's in the lower right part of the screen.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Jul 2014, 11:25

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Lewin wrote:
T*AnTi-V!RuZz wrote:
Lewin wrote:Why is there a big empty space at the bottom of KaM Repos? If you keep scrolling it goes way beyond the bottom of the page. You've set margin-bottom to 500 for the copyright div. Is there a reason for that?

Yes, it's because of the map preview when you hover over a screenshot ;)

Ah I didn't know you could hover to preview screenshots (due to my internet connection and extreme distance from the server it takes 10+ seconds to load the screenshot so you don't notice that feature unless you hover for 10+ seconds). I can write you some ImageMagick PHP code that creates a scaled down low quality preview for each screenshot so they load faster.

The big gap at the bottom still looks kind of weird, maybe I can tweak the preview code so it puts it above/left of the cursor if it's in the lower right part of the screen.

Sure, the preview code is something I didn't write myself. I'll send it to you this weekend.
<<

thunder

User avatar

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1023

Joined: 15 Apr 2012, 12:11

Location: In the Market

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Jul 2014, 09:17

Re: KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Hi!
Yesterday i tried to upload my new map, Cold water and the MegLand into KaMrepos, but the system always hit back and told me zip and jpg and tralala. I tried to upload more times but always had problem with file types:S
The file was uploaded succesfully into map topics but Kamrepos had problems. I dont know why. Possible the is a speciel thunder filter:)
<<

sado1

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 1396

Joined: 21 May 2012, 19:13

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 12:19

Re: KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

kamrepos/map.php?id=107 Anti is still away I guess, but does anyone have the powers/authority to delete the second screenshot for me there? I updated my map, and I added a newer screenshot. On a side note, I think this is a bug or at least a lacking feature :P
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 28 Jul 2014, 12:54

Re: KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

sado1 wrote:http://www.knightsandmerchants.net/forum/kamrepos/map.php?id=107 Anti is still away I guess, but does anyone have the powers/authority to delete the second screenshot for me there? I updated my map, and I added a newer screenshot. On a side note, I think this is a bug or at least a lacking feature :P

Hey sado :)

Indeed, you're not able to delete stuff yourself. I want to prevent people from just taking their maps suddenly offline for whatever reason so I chose not to implement that. Which screenshot would you like me to delete? 'Screenshot 2'?
<<

sado1

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 1396

Joined: 21 May 2012, 19:13

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 Jul 2014, 22:13

Re: KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Yes.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

User avatar

Former Site Admin

Posts: 1832

Joined: 03 Jan 2007, 23:00

Location: The Netherlands

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 28 Jul 2014, 22:39

Re: KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Done ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Website

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron