Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Jan 2014, 13:27

Re: [NEW] KaM Map Repository: KaMRepos

Map Folder? Or just plain simple "Download maps"?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 21 Jan 2014, 14:32

sorry to bump this thread, but maybe it is an idea to be able to filter on most popular/best rated maps? no idea what your repos plan is, but slowly but surely more maps are being added in there. sorry i just like to give anti work :(

Edit: my bad, i fogot nothing new would be added till february 2014.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 21 Jan 2014, 16:39

sorry to bump this thread, but maybe it is an idea to be able to filter on most popular/best rated maps? no idea what your repos plan is, but slowly but surely more maps are being added in there. sorry i just like to give anti work :(

Edit: my bad, i fogot nothing new would be added till february 2014.
What do you mean exactly? It's not possible to filter, but it is possible to sort by most popular map / highest rating..
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 21 Jan 2014, 16:44

oh i see, disregard my psot as what i proposed it is alredy there. Pretty shameful for someone whotried to break eveyr feature :(
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2014, 07:39

Can we have every other map in the list have a different background color so it is easier to visually separate them? Example would be our memberlist: memberlist.php

You can especially see how hard it is to separate the maps visually when there are multiple screenshots for a map. It looks sloppy right now. Having these changing colors would be a great visual aid :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 24 Jan 2014, 09:28

Can we have every other map in the list have a different background color so it is easier to visually separate them? Example would be our memberlist: memberlist.php

You can especially see how hard it is to separate the maps visually when there are multiple screenshots for a map. It looks sloppy right now. Having these changing colors would be a great visual aid :)
Good idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement. I'll give it a shot once I have time ;)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 13 Feb 2014, 22:13

Updated KaMRepos:

- Made the repository clearer by giving rows with odd numbers a different background color.
- Show total number of votes per map, so the map rating has better value.
- The logo in the top-left corner now links to the forum.

Few notes:
- Uploading replays will not be implemented on short-term.
- Using stars instead of numbers for rating is still being considered, but for now a no-go.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2014, 03:09

Using stars instead of numbers for rating is still being considered, but for now a no-go.
:(
But it makes for such a nice and easy-to-follow interface. It's much easier to distinguish between pictures and numbers... plus I like seeing stars next to my maps. It's like having a sticker from your teacher placed on your good tests :)

But for real feedback:

1) Odd row coloring seems to be broken or something. I see no differentiation in the colors.
2) Nice name change to Database, but the link still says Repo, and the link on the database, itself, still says Repository.
3) The site logo in the database isn't snowy. It's strangely inconsistent. Maybe it is time to change the main logo back to normal anyway?
4) I really feel odd when navigating the database. I really feel like I'm using the forum since it looks so similar, but the "board index" and similar "back button links" are not present. I find myself moving my mouse cursor to the top-left over-and-over to no avail, and it is mildly frustrating.

Still, very good work. It is so nice to finally have an official spot to place your maps! :)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2014, 10:17

1) Odd row coloring seems to be broken or something. I see no differentiation in the colors.
What browser are you using? Have you flushed the cache? All modern browser support the feature I used, so I think it's your cache.
2) Nice name change to Database, but the link still says Repo, and the link on the database, itself, still says Repository.
Correct, the name will not change. I just changed the name of the link hoping that more people will notice.
3) The site logo in the database isn't snowy. It's strangely inconsistent. Maybe it is time to change the main logo back to normal anyway?
The main logo will be back in not too long from now.
4) I really feel odd when navigating the database. I really feel like I'm using the forum since it looks so similar, but the "board index" and similar "back button links" are not present. I find myself moving my mouse cursor to the top-left over-and-over to no avail, and it is mildly frustrating.
The repository isn't meant to be a forum copy. I've already changed the logo so it links back to the forum. I'm not planning on placing every single link that's here on the forum in the repository. For some reason people seem to think KaMRepos is a part of the forum, which it isn't. It's just another service provided by KaM.net. True, KaMRepos is below /forum/, but that has to do with using the forum accounts.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 14 Feb 2014, 13:18

Just a random thought: if we have a banner for GOG version of KaM at the top of the forum pages, couldn't we have similar banner(s) for TS and KaMRepos?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2014, 13:40

Just a random thought: if we have a banner for GOG version of KaM at the top of the forum pages, couldn't we have similar banner(s) for TS and KaMRepos?
That's possible, though I don't think they need one. I think people that visit KaMRepos or Teamspeak already have KaM or the Remake.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 14 Feb 2014, 14:20

That's possible, though I don't think they need one. I think people that visit KaMRepos or Teamspeak already have KaM or the Remake.
I meant a forum banner to advertise TS and KaMR better HERE, not GOG KaM banner on TS/KaMR :) So, we would have 3 banners here on the forums.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Feb 2014, 14:50

Actually, having a advertisement on TS for GOG.com would be breaching our agreement with Teamspeak. The result would be the lost of our Non-Profit License. Just so you know ;)
Anyway, sado, we already have topics advertising Teamspeak, as while as a link in the top-right. I hate ads, so I say don't add anymore (no pun intended).
The repository isn't meant to be a forum copy. I've already changed the logo so it links back to the forum. I'm not planning on placing every single link that's here on the forum in the repository. For some reason people seem to think KaMRepos is a part of the forum, which it isn't. It's just another service provided by KaM.net. True, KaMRepos is below /forum/, but that has to do with using the forum accounts.
But like I said, they look so similar. Why did you make the page look identical to the forum if you don't intend to make the navigation similar? If you have identical style but don't provide similar navigation, you are doing everyone a disservice.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 17 Apr 2014, 12:25

Hey!

I think to that kam repository is a good thing. I just missed the automatic opened pictures, or some kind of preview of the uploaded pictures. There are more and more maps, missions, campaigns etc. I think to should be good a picture column for each line which is looks like minimap in the Remake. If somebody would like to zoom or magnificent that pic just open that link.
Bests!
t
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Apr 2014, 14:22

Hey!

I think to that kam repository is a good thing. I just missed the automatic opened pictures, or some kind of preview of the uploaded pictures. There are more and more maps, missions, campaigns etc. I think to should be good a picture column for each line which is looks like minimap in the Remake. If somebody would like to zoom or magnificent that pic just open that link.
Bests!
t
Lol, wow indeed. The repository has grown quite a bit, I see :)

I've always considered having some kind of image preview since the beginning, but I didn't think it was quite important at the time. Now that the repository has grown I think it could use a bit more tweaking and map previews would be a nice addition.

Problem is I don't have a lot of time anymore, since I work 40 hours a week now and I also have other things to do (you wouldn't imagine how much time a girlfriend takes :P). But I'll see if I can find some time to tackle the idea ;)

Return to “Website”